Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion All I want for Christmas is...

All I want for Christmas is...

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:38 pm
dkirn well done
well done

Chagan -

Thanks for the links to the bisque recipes. I plan on getting some fresh lobster this weekend and experimenting with the different recipes.

Thanks again

Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:41 pm
dkirn well done
well done

Since I am planning on starting to bottle my BBQ sauces and some of my rubs I have sent Santa a very large list of everything that I am going to need including more time!!

Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:21 am
Airfoils well done
well done

Hey missed your request for my bisque recipe. Wish I could say its an ancient family secret but I just really got into soups and breads about 2-3 years ago. The bisque I use I found on the net and I think its pretty good. After all it's supposedly the Soup Nazi's recipe. Be sure to use a quality wine.

http://www.roadfood.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1022

You can substitute some of the other shellfish with another lobster if you want.

Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:18 am
dkirn well done
well done

Airfoils -

THanks for the recipe - I am trying a few this weekend and I will give this one a try as well

Thanks again

Post Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:25 pm
chagan well done
well done

Wow, that one does sound impressive, more than just lobster and all. There is only one thing better than seafood, and that is more seafood. I think that I would go with that one first Airfoils, thanks.

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:53 am
hickory pete well done
well done

dkirn wrote:
Since I am planning on starting to bottle my BBQ sauces and some of my rubs I have sent Santa a very large list of everything that I am going to need including more time!!

If you ever decide to go public with your bottled sauce, let us know. I would be interested in trying some of it.

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:50 am
dkirn well done
well done

Pete - I am woking on it as we speak (or as I type). Hopefully I will be ready to roll in early spring. i will post info when we get going with a website link so everyone can let me know what they think about the sauce.

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:37 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Boy of Boy my father just suprised me with an early Christmas gift. 250# of Texas (PA raised) longhorn! He bought it direct from a friend of his who raises them. Now of course I have to share with him but its first come first serve. So I figure I've got to get to the brisket and the porterhouses ASAP. So don't be suprised when before long I start asking for beef recipes!!
Perhaps one of the best gifts ever!

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:42 am
hickory pete well done
well done

Congrats! Grand Scale..I just posted (on one of the other posts), a reply for Dkirn. There is a website at : www.txbeef.org/ Click on the "recipe book" link. There's all kinds of beef ideas.

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:06 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

So I'm guessing the Going Big runs in the family :D .

Most excellent gift!

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:16 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Man Pete Thanks that is a great site!! That should keep me going for a while.

Yes "Going Big" deffinately runs in the family. We don't do anything half assed!

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:50 pm
dkirn well done
well done

Grand Scale you are a lucky dog! If you have trouble using all of the beef, let me know I will take some off of your hands!!

Post Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:19 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Well I broke into the stockpile already and found out first and foremost that Texas Longhorn is extremely lean. Not alot of marbling. So in addition to using the txbeef site above I will be looking to you fellows to lead me to your favorite marinades as well.

Mmmm...beef!

Post Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:00 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

My problem is; Longhorns, Longhorns, everywhere and not a one to grill! :wink:

Post Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:21 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

Ok, Grand Scale I am on my way up there for some good beef!!! Enjoy!

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion