Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Country style ribs

Country style ribs

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:00 pm
hrchdog well done
well done

Anybody tried Q'n some of these? They look like they are cut from a pork butt. Just wondering how long they might take.
Wes

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:28 pm
snapshot0729 well done
well done

yeah do them all the time... low and slow for a coupla.... here's a genesis maxed out with 32 pounds of these babies for a catered party

Joe

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:17 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

I smoke country style ribs all the time, they’re very tasty. See this thread for more info on this:
http://www.barbecuebible.com/board/view ... ht=country

Post Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:10 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

When I smoke country style ribs I treat them like spares and use the 3-2-1 method. Since they are individual cuts of meat and have more surface area I use the rub sparingly so not to over power the meat. And to keep them from getting too smoky & to conserve shelf save (smoker's usually loaded) I stand all the ribs up and placed them in contact with each other.

Post Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:17 pm

Thanks guys, gottem going now along with four sides of spares, gonna throw on some more fatties later, three I did yesterday are almost gone.

Post Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:42 pm
Big D well done
well done

I mus confess that I have not atualyl doen coutnry style, if memory serves s correct anyways... but my Butcher has been featuring them in his case a lot lately and perahps I will pick up a few

Post Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:32 pm
Trout medium
medium

I was looking at some of these at the butcher today, and as soon as the snow melts I'm going to give some a try.

Post Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:29 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

:lol: What a coincidence.... :lol:

When I got home last evening we had leftover country style ribs for dinner that had been vacuum sealed and frozen. Brought 2-1/2 ribs with me for lunch too :wink: Mmmmmm, ribs!

Maybe I'll have to watch what I say, the wife may be reading our posts :lol:

Post Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:18 am
Susan Z well done
well done

Hmmm, all I ever do with country style ribs is to boil 'em up with sauerkraut and serve 'em up with mashed potatoes....!

Post Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:32 pm
Leatherneck well done
well done

Bob-BQN wrote:
Maybe I'll have to watch what I say, the wife may be reading our posts :lol:

Is that some of that Secret Squirrel stuff Bob? :lol:

And at least I know my eyes are stiil good. I could read it before I posted this. I was starting to get a little nervous when I was having trouble seeing the targets on the rifle range last week. :(

Post Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:39 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Country ribs are cut from the Boston Butt portion of the pork shoulder.

Post Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:30 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Bob is correct, but be careful, sometimes they're cut from the loin area to produce more leaner cuts (for health conscious people). The loin cut does not work well for low and slow cooking (they'll be very dry), however, they're perfect for grilling over direct heat. Most stores will label where the cut was taken from i.e. Loin or shoulder .

Return to General Discussion