Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Smokin' with a 3-Burner

Smokin' with a 3-Burner

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:34 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

chagen, I've done a few web sites. You really have to pump an owner for content.

His web pages aren't the only thing that needs work. I got an email catalog from him that was so crowded and unformatted that it was extremely hard to follow. His BBQ board forum is an outdated style, but he is on it daily and provides a lot of good information to his members which is more important than the board's appearance.

All that aside... he does do well what he does best. Dave Klose makes some of the best pits available!!!

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:24 am
dkirn well done
well done

I must agree with everyone Klose does need a better website and catalog - mine came on a CD Rom packed with info, but it took me almost 2 weeks to feel that I could make use of it. With all that said you know they always say, "find something that you are really good at and do it - and only that". I am happy to say that Klose is a terrible web designer and marketing person - but nothing compares to a Klose Pit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 2:55 pm
kl8ton rare
rare

I did some ribs a couple of nights ago and smoked/indirect grilled them. I have a 3 burner charbroil and what I did was turn the outside burner tents upside down and put two regular sized tin soup cans on them and filled them with pre-soaked wood chips. I fired up the outside burners and waited for smoke and turned them down to low. The ribs took 2-3 hours and those cans smoked with the grill off for hours and hours after that. I centered the ribs above the middle burner. (using a rib rack) turned out very nice.
Clayton

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 3:48 pm

Kl8ton - That's what I was hoping for. I really, really, REALLY can't wait to do some ribs on this new toy. Thanks again to everybody for the input -
:P HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!!!! :P

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 3:57 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Kl8ton-
That's ingenious!
Very Cool!
Glad you chimed in, with ideas like that I can't wait to hear what else you have up your sleeve!

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:34 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Gr8 tip Kl8ton! :D

Hope you have more of those!

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:02 pm
chagan well done
well done

That was pure genious Kl8ton, great to hear your contribution. Please make it a regular thing.

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:23 pm
GBitto rare
rare

OOPS :oops: Forgot to log in again. (I hate when that happens!)
Thanks for the tip Kl8ton - that's kind of what I had in mind when I started the post. Just needed confirmation before I ruin a good rack.

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:03 pm
dkirn well done
well done

Kl8ton - Great idea and very creative - keep those kind of ideas coming!!

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:09 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

kl8ton...Glad to hear of your idea. That's something I would never have thought of. Way to go..Looking forward to your participation..

Previous

Return to General Discussion