Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Firepit Kebabs

Firepit Kebabs

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun May 04, 2014 11:17 am
tex_toby well done
well done

I broke in my new firepit right last night with some kebabs

20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Char-Griller Wrangler w/Side-burner - My camping grill

Post Sun May 04, 2014 5:56 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Great looking kebabs, tex_toby! But what make and model of pit is that? It looks fabulous. :cheers:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Sun May 04, 2014 10:43 pm
jstewart well done
well done

CharredGriller wrote:
Great looking kebabs, tex_toby! But what make and model of pit is that? It looks fabulous. :cheers:

I second the comment, and I'm envious of the fire pit!! I would love to have one, but right now, I just don't know where I would put it....
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Post Mon May 05, 2014 8:47 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That's a way cooler fire pit than any others I've seen, and you put it to good use, Toby! Based on the kebabs are you going to use it for the occasional cook?

Post Mon May 05, 2014 11:00 am
tex_toby well done
well done

Thanks, fellas! I bought a house on 1 acre and moved in a few weeks ago. This is the first time I have ever lived outside of the city limits and able to build a fire in my backyard. I bought this as a house warming gift to myself. 8) I knew what I wanted and looked long and hard to find the right builder. The builder is in Burleson, Texas south of Ft Worth. He can be found here on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/MajesticFencingAndWelding There are quite a few firepit builders in my area, but I wanted a large one (48") with a cooking grate and wheels. This one is great because the cooking grate is adjustable. The level you see it sitting at now is the low level. I can raise it about two inches as well. In addition, the grate is completely removable. Also, the builder called the upper grate a tortilla warmer, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. It's a good spot to put my gloves for now. :silly: The grates also swivel 360 degrees. The builder also had it ready for me 1 week after I placed the order and he also split the difference in the drive and brought it halfway to me. I give him two thumbs up!

I certainly plan on using it to cook. I will use it for my dutch ovens as well. This is just the first cook of many! :cow: :pig: There is also a lot of sitting around and watching the fire burn time in my future. It's starting to really warm here in Texas, so I'm not sure how much more use it will get for the near term, but come fall I will be ready to keep it burning. :cheers:

tex

Post Mon May 05, 2014 11:14 am
Trollby well done
well done

Looking good T

I would love to have the room and a pit like that, seen those on FB and was very Jealous :)

Post Thu May 08, 2014 10:28 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That pit must have set you back a bit. I've been looking to buy a fire pit as I'm on 3/4 acre myself, but none of them have really appealed to me till I saw your new one. Chances are I'm going to just dig a hole and line it with stone and mortar and maybe some firebrick as I've got more stone than I know what to do with. My plan is to set up a sort-of modified Dakota Fire Pit by adding a few underground air vents made of conduit.

But considering the work that's going to take, I like your fire pit better already. :twisted:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Fri May 09, 2014 11:55 pm
tex_toby well done
well done

CharredGriller wrote:
That pit must have set you back a bit. I've been looking to buy a fire pit as I'm on 3/4 acre myself, but none of them have really appealed to me till I saw your new one. Chances are I'm going to just dig a hole and line it with stone and mortar and maybe some firebrick as I've got more stone than I know what to do with. My plan is to set up a sort-of modified Dakota Fire Pit by adding a few underground air vents made of conduit.

But considering the work that's going to take, I like your fire pit better already. :twisted:

Yes, I did have to part ways with quite a few folders to get it. :? :lol: It's only money though, right? 8)

Post Mon May 12, 2014 9:14 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Right, and you can't take it with you!

Of course, you can't take the fire pit with you and hopefully you don't go where fire's a no-cost option... :lol:

Post Tue May 13, 2014 7:25 am
sroach well done
well done

Toby,

Congratulations on the new house, and awesome looking fire pit. I like that second shelf, bun warmer, coffee warmer, all kinds of uses.

Ohh, I'll take two of those kabob's please.. :lol:

Return to General Discussion