Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Does anyone have info on this ceramic cooker?

Does anyone have info on this ceramic cooker?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
wiseguy User avatar
medium-well
medium-well

I saw this Brinkmann Kamado cooker at BJ's It's called the Brinkman ceramic egg the cost was $600. I haven't found that much info on it so I decided to ask here since I trust the opinion of the posters on this board.

http://www.brinkmann.net/products/details.aspx?item=855-5000-0

sroach well done
well done

Probably not what you're looking for...but...

If you're going to spend that kind of money why not spend on the BGE which multiple users on this forum rave about?

wiseguy User avatar
medium-well
medium-well

Just curious about it. Actually I'm planning on getting the Char-Griller Kamado cooker unfortunately the Big Green Egg is out of my price range.

jayeffel well done
well done

The CharGrillerAkorn seems to work well. I got one second-hand and used just few times. I do think the newer upper air control vent should be on mine. May not be quite as airtight as a BGE but is sufficient for me.

I do want to disassemble it and put it together per directions! Whoever put it together has it kind of catywampus. Not straight with the wheels. But it works either way!

Nice the Brinkman model comes with the stand. :bbq:
Chargriller King Griller (Kamado)
Chargriller Duo w/SFB;

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

wiseguy wrote:
Just curious about it. Actually I'm planning on getting the Char-Griller Kamado cooker unfortunately the Big Green Egg is out of my price range.

For $600 you might be better off getting the CG Akorn or one of the other kamado-style grills then. I've seen the Brinkmanns and there's nothing too special to recommend them.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

sroach well done
well done

Wiseguy,

Not sure where in Jersey you are, but the place I bought my egg at is within your price range. (if you pay cash).

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

And meet in a secluded area after dark? :wink:

wiseguy User avatar
medium-well
medium-well

sroach wrote:
Wiseguy,

Not sure where in Jersey you are, but the place I bought my egg at is within your price range. (if you pay cash).

I live in Mercer County.

ScreamingChicken wrote:
And meet in a secluded area after dark? :wink:

LOL everyone in Jersey knows you can save a bundle on items that accidently fall off the truck :D

timbarber84 medium-well
medium-well

hey i used to drive a truck and have had things accident ley fall off the back in new jersey even had them driveing backward unloading from my truck while i was going down the road lol
TIMS BBQ

Return to General Discussion