Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion We Love Pork Chops

We Love Pork Chops

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:13 pm
JuliaBBQB User avatar
medium-rare
medium-rare

Steven is singing the praises of pork chops, one of his favorite cuts of meat.

Find out more about them (and get some great recipes):
http://barbecuebible.com/2014/03/25/praise-pork-chops/

Any past successful pork chop recipes to share? We love photos, too.

Post Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:01 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Chi Spacca's pork tomahawk sounds awesome! I wonder if I could find something similar at a butcher shop or specialty pork producer.

I was all about beef when I was growing up because frankly, my mom's pork chops were always overdone and dry by today's standards, although back then that was normal. Once I learned that they didn't have to be as done yet could still be safe my opinion of them changed drastically!

The rib chop is probably my favorite because it usually has the most fat, although I don't mind sirloin chops because they seem to be more resistant to drying out than loin chops. And bone-in whenever possible.

As far as recipes go I like them from simply grilled with just salt and pepper to marinated or brined and then smoke-roasted or barbecued!

Post Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:06 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

From the looks of this month's poll, it looks like a lot of us like pork. Right now it's well in the lead so it will likely be the theme for April's Online Block Party too.

And yes, I voted for pork as well, since it's so versatile. It's also great for the winter months as pork chops and steaks cook very quickly.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion