Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Steven's Birthday Menu!

Steven's Birthday Menu!

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:49 pm
JuliaBBQB User avatar
medium-rare
medium-rare

It's Steven's birthday this month (and he's not telling us how many candles to put on his cake). For that special day, Steven is sharing his favorite recipes that he likes to treat himself with. Of course, they're all made on the grill.

Find out what he's eating:
http://barbecuebible.com/2014/03/11/steven-raichlens-barbecue-birthday-menu/

Do you have anything in particular that you make on your birthday? My go-to dishes are yellow cake with vanilla icing (have to prioritize dessert) and any kind of grilled seafood.

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:03 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Happy Birthday, Steven! My wife always requests pulled pork and/or ribs for her birthday, with a bunch of family invited over. I'm the opposite though and usually request a quiet night (no family :lol: ) with something simple cooked up, and maybe a movie.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:11 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That's quite the menu and Happy Birthday to you, Steven!

Because I have a late November birthday it oftens falls on or close to Thanksgiving, and since that's a big meal in itself I generally don't do anything special. Maybe an extra-nice steak or something like that, but usually it's pretty low-key. Although in the past when we've been at my parents' house and I get to request the main course, I've almost always chosen scalloped potatoes and ham. Which, come to think of it, would probably be pretty good prepared on the grill...

Post Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:06 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Happy birthday, Steven! The menu looks great! :cheers:

My birthday is in October so it's about 1 1/2 weeks after Canadian Thanksgiving. I also have a couple of relatives with birthdays within a week of mine. As a result, we normally have a roast beef dinner at my parents' house for all of us.

However, I always cook something myself as well, and I'm like Steven in the sense that I'm the one doing the cooking. Usually I cook Brussels sprouts, aparagus, zucchini, grill-roasted potatoes, and a really good hand-picked dry-aged steak from my local butcher.

I wouldn't call a great steak low-key, though: mine isn't Wagyu or Kobe beef or anything quite that extravagant, but the beef comes from my butcher's private herd and it's marvelous. I also just found out it's as local as it can get. It turns out that the farm that raises that specialty beef and bison herd is exactly one mile down the road south of my house and I pass that herd every day on the way to work. Now that's country living for you. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:59 pm
JuliaBBQB User avatar
medium-rare
medium-rare

All of these meals sound so good. I'm really wishing for scalloped potatoes right now though!

Post Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:34 am
sroach well done
well done

Happy Birthday Steven, hope we didn't miss it!!!

I'm loving the sound of those Tandoori potatoes!! A good medium Filet Mignon for me, or my son! for my wife, she love the Nicoise Salad with Tuna or Salmon on top.

Return to General Discussion