Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Possible Suggestion for Next Block Party

Possible Suggestion for Next Block Party

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:43 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

How about a "pork out" block party? I mean, who does not like pork in some way or another? (Don't answer that). I'm talking anything from bacon to ground pork to butt roast, even hamhocks, whatever. Even includes Easter hams. My sincere hope/desire is such theme will encourage this community into a block party get together kind of feeling. :cheers: :bbq:
Got beer???

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Works for me, especially with the Easter ham tie-in. And pork's a great way to kick off the spring grilling season!

Dyal_SC well done
well done

Sounds good to me!
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Woohoo!-- Thank you, Guys for your moral approval! :D
Got beer???

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

We did a pork theme last year and it was very popular. It was our 3rd or 4th Block Party. Did you miss it?

In fact, I we did two: September's theme was pork, and August's was specifically on ribs. As a result, rib fanatics actually got to submit pics two months in a row.

But don't worry - we're starting from scratch so pork will be up for the vote. So will almost everything else we've done. In fact, I've had the draft post saved for over a month now, and pork was one of the first items on the voting list. (And no one seriously thought we'd skip pork, did they?)

The voting should be open within a week's time. Thus, it's all been taken care of already, bc. You're welcome. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Did I "miss it?" Really, I could retort your response, CG, though I do not think it would come across as being kind.
Got beer???

Dyal_SC well done
well done

SMH. What's up, CG? Why so angry? LOL
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

beercuer wrote:
Did I "miss it?" Really, I could retort your response, CG, though I do not think it would come across as being kind.

Dyal_SC wrote:
SMH. What's up, CG? Why so angry? LOL

I'm not angry at all. In fact I have no idea whatsoever why beercuer is all twisted up about my post. However, I'm not getting into a public flamewar as even once this year is too much for my liking, and it drags down the board.

Besides - who has time for a flamewar? Grilling season has begun so we'll all be busy enough anyway. My yard is still under three feet of snow in some places and I'm still firing the grill up tonight anyway. :D

Beercuer - if you have a problem, please send me a PM.

And for those who mistook my point, it was: pork was so popular it was featured in two block parties last year (if you count ribs). Since it was so popular it's already on the voting list for this year. And since it was so popular I see no reason why it won't win in the vote at least once this year as well.

So when the post comes out next week, please vote. It was decided in our last poll that the next block party will start in April, but I'll try to get the poll out as soon as I can - hopefully in the next few days.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Dyal_SC well done
well done

Glad u aren't angry then. I like to eat barbecue when I get angry. Speaking of barbecue... ;)
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Dyal_SC wrote:
Glad u aren't angry then. I like to eat barbecue when I get angry. Speaking of barbecue... ;)

I just like to eat barbecue. I'm doing that right now. And then I'm heading out to get more meat for more barbecue, and some good sides too. And then I'll barbecue again. And then repeat. Nice and simple. :D

Oh - and somewhere in there I'll post a poll and then other posts, and reply to posts. I couldn't leave that out.

BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Just FYI: I put pork at the top of the list on the poll because it was the first thing that came to mind. With 5 days left to go it now has a very good lead, so chances are it will be April's theme. (And yes, I voted for it as well.)

Return to General Discussion