Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Rotisserie Cayenne Chicken and Pizza

Rotisserie Cayenne Chicken and Pizza

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:28 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

My brother wanted shredded Chicken on his deep pan pizza today, so naturally I had to break out the rotisserie and spit. I dusted this bird with seasoned salt and plenty of cayenne pepper. The rotis sure is one way to get quite a moist and tender chicken. Here goes--

Part way through the cook

Done

And here is the deep pan pizza, with pepperoni, olives, and the shredded chicken breast. I always find it amazing what a fantastic taste quality a really good bread can give to a pizza. And nothing like those cast iron pans for such either. :D

Got beer???

Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:28 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Beautiful color on that chicken, BC! I'm surprised some of it made it to the pizza...was it a pretty good-sized bird?

I see some great chicken fat in the drip pan, too...did you save some for fried potatoes?

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:13 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Beautiful color on that chicken, BC! I'm surprised some of it made it to the pizza...was it a pretty good-sized bird?

I see some great chicken fat in the drip pan, too...did you save some for fried potatoes?

Thank you Brad :D

This was a five pound bird, (Hard to find smaller birds nowadays, yes)?

Doh! Doh! Doh!... The thought to make use of the rendered fat for fries never occurred to me. I like it! :cheers:
Got beer???

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:29 am
sroach well done
well done

Hey BC,

The only thing you did wrong with that chicken is, you didn't invite me over.. :D :D

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:56 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

sroach wrote:
Hey BC,

The only thing you did wrong with that chicken is, you didn't invite me over.. :D :D

Then I'd like to make another just for you, Steve... and with fries! :cheers:
Got beer???

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:54 pm
BaasPro medium
medium

beercuer wrote:
ScreamingChicken wrote:
This was a five pound bird, (Hard to find smaller birds nowadays, yes)?

The chicken looks awesome. I really need to get a rotisserie attachment one of these days...

We get pastured chickens from local farmers and they are always under 5 pounds. They've been especially small over the winter, but the last one was a whole 4 pounds!
Ride on, Grill on, Wok on...
www.CountrysideFoodRides.com

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:29 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

BaasPro wrote:
beercuer wrote:
The chicken looks awesome. I really need to get a rotisserie attachment one of these days...

We get pastured chickens from local farmers and they are always under 5 pounds. They've been especially small over the winter, but the last one was a whole 4 pounds!

Thank you, BaasPro :D

Wow, that must be nice to be able to get local pastured chickens I can get the organics, but they are so expensive. If I want a small bird, I have to get a rock cornish game hen. :cheers:
Got beer???

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:52 pm
Steven Grilling Guru
Grilling Guru

The level of expertise and dedication on this site never fail to amaze me!

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:22 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Cool! I've never owned a rotisserie, but your pix have me wanting one! Nicely done, BC!
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:03 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I seem to recall that in the past there wasn't a rotisserie available for the kamado cookers like the BGE; has that changed? It really is handy and I'd say that if you can't get one for your BGE it'd be worth it to find a cheap, used Weber and set it up exclusively for rotisserie use.

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:42 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Steven wrote:
The level of expertise and dedication on this site never fail to amaze me!

I am most honored and delighted, Steven, though to whatever level I may have attained, much is attributable to your influence. I already see, moreover, that with your new book Man Made Meals, BBQ'ers wil discover their horizons expanded in ways otherwise unimagined. My goodness, that book is replete! Kudos!
Got beer???

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Dyal_SC wrote:
Cool! I've never owned a rotisserie, but your pix have me wanting one! Nicely done, BC!

Why thank you, Dyal :D
Got beer???

Post Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:06 pm
Griffin well done
well done

Sweet!! That yardbird looks good. Any deets on the pizza dough and how you cooked the pizza? :cheers:

Post Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:31 pm
tex_toby well done
well done

Man that looks purrrrfect, bc! :)
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Char-Griller Wrangler w/Side-burner - My camping grill

Return to General Discussion