Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Want-To-Be-German Burger and Pork/Beans

Want-To-Be-German Burger and Pork/Beans

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:30 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Yesterday was one of those burst-of-flavors comfort food days for me. How about some homemade pork 'n beans for a side? First, I had to roast some thick bacon.

Meanwhile, the beans were just getting tender on the stovetop in just plain chicken stock. And now it's time to bring them out and add all the ingredients. I find it so nice to have the genuine Navy beans for this rather than any of the other white bean varieties. I added things like tomato sauce, dark corn syrup, onion powder, paprika, and of coorse the cutup bacon.

Let's move on to the burgers for now. As indicated these were meant to be somewhat German influence inspired. I made a dressing that included mixing mayo and some of this Ingelhoffer stone ground mustard (plenty hot, this one).

Turkey patties with melted cheese, Time to build...

On to toasted whole wheat buns go the patties, sauerkraut (to which I added a generous amount of caraway seeds for that "rye" flavor, the special dressing, and a little reserved bacon. At last time to eat...

And a bowl of them pork and beans (cracked crack black pepper on top).

No McD's for me, thank you! That meal sure floated my boat. So many flavors working well together! :cheers:
Got beer???

Dyal_SC well done
well done

Looks terrific, BC! I like the look and sound of that course mustard dressing.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Those are some great eats right there, BC! You do a great job of proving that turkey burgers don't have to be lame and boring.

I see that you used corn syrup but not molasses for the beans; do you like them just a little sweet?

Griffin well done
well done

Oh my! I don't eat a lot of turkey burgers, but I'd be happy if that one was in front of me right now.

2beast medium-well
medium-well

Whoa.......................on my list 8) 8) 8)

sroach well done
well done

WOW BC, I love a godo turkey burger and I got to say by the looks of that thing, it had to be awesome.

I am not one for beans, but man, pass that burger over.

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

I really thank you guys for liking :D I certainly look forward to repeating this version again soon.

Brad-- Yes, I like the dark corn syrup because it's cheaper and works very well in other recipes (like Caribbean chicken). My brother likes them beans especially sweet. :D
Got beer???

Return to General Discussion