Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Meditteranean Style Stuffed Deboned Chicken

Meditteranean Style Stuffed Deboned Chicken

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Dyal_SC well done
well done

I can't remember who posted awhile back about Jaques Pepin's method of deboning a whole chicken, but I gave it a go tonight. Here is a link to his youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAekQ5fzfGM

I ended up seasoning mine with Greek Seasoning, and then stuffing it with Prosciutto, Kalamata Olives, Artichokes, Capers and Feta Cheese.

Didn't want to waste the "chicken lollipops," so we had a nice little appetizer while we waited on the rest of the chicken to finish. ;) My wife made an amazing homemade Greek Dressing as well, so I dipped the "lollipops" in that. Ahhhmazing! :)

Also drizzled on some of the dressing to complete the rest of the chicken.

Cross Section of the White Meat:

And a Cross Section of the Dark Meat:

Definitely one of the best things I've ever grilled up!

Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

d_holck well done
well done

Dyal_SC wrote:
Definitely one of the best things I've ever grilled up!

Then THAT'S saying something, because you make some of the best-looking food on this board.
"... mmmmmmm 'bacon'."

CG Outlaw w/SFB
UDS
Old classic Weber Kettle

jstewart well done
well done

That sure looks mighty tasty and it is something I definitely need to try. Thanks for sharing!
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

BaasPro medium
medium

Wow! That looks awesome. I'd love to try it, but I would never get the deboning right on the first try.
Ride on, Grill on, Wok on...
www.CountrysideFoodRides.com

sroach well done
well done

Dyal,

That is a really cool presentation. How was the the process of rolling the chicken, Between picture 4 and picture 5? In the picture it's hard to see where the legs went.

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Great prep work and the final result looks fantastic, Dyal! Was this your first try at deboning a chicken or were there some practice birds first?

Based on his appearance that video must be at least 15 and maybe even close to 20 years old. I recall seeing him do this on an episode of "Essential Pepin", which is only a couple of years old. For a guy in his late 70s he still has outstanding knife skills.

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Downright dyalicious looking gourmet there, brother! My... what finesse!
Got beer???

Dyal_SC well done
well done

Thanks, guys!

sroach, if you look closely at the 5th pic, the legs were bound together on the far right. They're boneless at this point, so the meat becomes pretty uniform once you string it up.

SC, this was my first attempt. Took me longer than it took Pepin, but it wasn't all that difficult.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Return to General Discussion