Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Long Time No See! A Few Recent Cooks (pix)

Long Time No See! A Few Recent Cooks (pix)

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Dyal_SC well done
well done

I was delightfully surprised to see that Steven used one of my older pictures earlier today on social media. Here is a link to that post:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23214

I was looking at the picture and I thought it looked familiar. I recognized the cutting board and grilling tongs in the pic. :lol: Sorry for not being around so much recently. I'll try to be better about getting on the forum. But even though I haven't been on the forum much, I've still been cooking away. I'll try to post some stuff within the next few days. Here are a few cooks...hopefully some of them might give you guys and gals some new ideas.

Pineapple Upside Down Cake... my most favorite dessert off the grill so far! :)
Image]

Some Cherry Smoked MOINK balls made with meatballs and DEER bacon! :shock: Not sure how my processor makes the "deer bacon", but it's pretty good stuff.

And your classic ribs. These were smoked up with some JD whiskey barrel oak chips. I loooove the smell of the JD whiskey barrel smoke.

Some big butts (20 pounds total) smoked up for my mom's birthday (JD whiskey wood was used on these as well)

Smoked Cherry Cola and Honey Glazed Ham, studded with Cloves

In order to keep the post from being too big, I'll stop there for now. :) Hope you guys have a great week!
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

BaasPro medium
medium

Nice! :thumbup:
Ride on, Grill on, Wok on...
www.CountrysideFoodRides.com

jstewart well done
well done

Nice to see you've been busy :D :D Thanks for sharing and glad to hear from you again...
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Good to hear from you again, Dyal, and glad to see :thumbup: you've been busy!

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Good to hear from you again, Dyal! Glad you've had time to cook, because those are some awesome pics! :cheers:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Dyal_SC well done
well done

Thanks a lot, fellas! It's nice to be back. Missed you guys! :) Where's beercuer at?
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

sroach well done
well done

Dyal,

Good to see you posting again.. your food pics look awesome as always!!!

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Dyal_SC wrote:
Thanks a lot, fellas! It's nice to be back. Missed you guys! :) Where's beercuer at?

Right here, my friend. I am most glad to see YOU back here, Dyal! :cheers:

---And replete with your culinary mastery and artistic cuisine. I especially desire some of that ham at this moment. I'm even thinking how much I'd like to incorporate on my proposed pizza tonight!

How is your BBQ sauce venture doing?
Got beer???

JuliaBBQB User avatar
medium-rare
medium-rare

You're now credited (and will be in the future) for that great skirt steak photo. Sorry about that.

Thanks for all the amazing eye candy. You can bet these will be on the homepage in the coming weeks! Keep them coming!

Dyal_SC well done
well done

No worries, Julia!

Glad to hear from you again, sroach! Thanks for the nice comment!

beercuer, great idea with using ham on the pizza! I just finished the last of the leftovers from that ham. Time to make another one. It freezes very well and it almost tastes better the second time around. I'll have to use some of the leftovers for pizza next time! And the BBQ rub thing is still a work in progress unfortunately.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Griffin well done
well done

Looking good Dyal. Is that the same pineapple upside down cake that I do?

Steven Grilling Guru
Grilling Guru

Gorgeous work, Dyal. I'm gaga over the ham and pineapple cake. Keep posting!

SR

Dyal_SC well done
well done

Thanks!

Griffin, I don't believe so....seems like I remember yours having pecans in them? I used Ree Drummond's recipe found here:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree- ... ecipe.html
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Nice work and pics Dyal ! Post more !

Dave

Return to General Discussion