Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Introduce yourself! What does your username say about you?

Introduce yourself! What does your username say about you?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Thanks for the Welcome...
My home is in Indiana but my career allows me to travel.
Currently working near Athens Greece.
I have spent a lot of time in Spain, Greece, South America and the West Indies,
I have picked up a few tips and tricks along the way...
Love to learn more and always willing to share what I know, that I know, that I know...
“Mistakes come from lack of experience, unfortunately experience comes from making mistakes”_the Wockhunter

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Welcome, Wockhunter! You have a nice family history of live-fire cooking!

We're looking forward to hearing about your bawbecued wibs... :wink:

Welcome aboard, wockhunter! :cheers:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

wockhunter wrote:
Thanks for the Welcome...
My home is in Indiana but my career allows me to travel.
Currently working near Athens Greece.
I have spent a lot of time in Spain, Greece, South America and the West Indies,
I have picked up a few tips and tricks along the way...
Love to learn more and always willing to share what I know, that I know, that I know...
Traveling parts of the world's barbecue trail, you are! Whereabouts in Indiana? I pass through on my way to and from Ohio every summer and enjoy staying at the state park inns, and am always looking for local restaurant recommendations.

Terre Haute Area.... Shout at me anytime.
“Mistakes come from lack of experience, unfortunately experience comes from making mistakes”_the Wockhunter

my username is from the most common comment I get on my bbq... "wow look at that smoke ring"

Love smoking any kind of food, I live in the hill country of TX and there are some amazing bbq joints around that I travel to a lot just for a meal. Glad I found this board, can't wait to share pics and see yours and learn more.

BBQ Deputy

Welcome, Ring! Yes, you live in a great barbecue area...we're looking forward to your contributions!

And if you're not the shy type, photos from some of those barbecue joints would be greatly appreciated... :wink:

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

ringofsmoke wrote:
my username is from the most common comment I get on my bbq... "wow look at that smoke ring"

Love smoking any kind of food, I live in the hill country of TX and there are some amazing bbq joints around that I travel to a lot just for a meal. Glad I found this board, can't wait to share pics and see yours and learn more.

Welcome aboard, ringofsmoke! I figured that might be the reason behind the name... :cheers:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

grillerbabe medium-rare
medium-rare

Grillerbabe, that's me, from OH. Its what I do grill and smoke !!!

BBQ Deputy

Nice to see you again, Grillerbabe! :thumbup:

I converted from a quick direct griller to a smoking/indirect cooking fool about two years ago. And I love beer. What a perfect combination

BchrisL User avatar
medium-rare
medium-rare

My name is Chris. My username is kind of boring, just my first and last initials to make my username a little more unique. Most of the time the username "chris" is already taken.
Gustatus Similis Pullus

Large Big Green Egg
Lodge Hibachi
Charbroil Gas Grill

wiseguy User avatar
medium-well
medium-well

Welcome to the board Chris
:cheers:

BBQ Deputy

Welcome, Chris! We're happy you're here!

jeffinsgf rare
rare

SGF is the airport code for Springfield Missouri, so, I'm Jeff in Springfield. I cook on two Big Green Eggs (one medium and one large) and I just bought a Weber Q3200, which, for those who don't know the Weber model numbers by heart, is a compact gas grill. The Q is more popular in Australia than it is here (where it is made...go figure...) and I am having a ball learning to use it. But, when it's time to get serious about barbecue, not just cooking meat, it'll be time to load up the Eggs.

BBQ Deputy

Welcome, Jeff! We have a few BGE owners here so you'll fit right in!

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion