Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Lord of the 'Que Ribs

Lord of the 'Que Ribs

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:54 pm
BaasPro medium
medium

Anybody else a big fan of this recipe from 'BBQ USA'? We like to finish it with the Nashville Sweet BBQ Sauce, which is also in the book. Perhaps I'm biased since Indy and Nashville are two of my favorite cities, but I think the Worcestershire dip and the smoke make a nice platform for the sweet sauce. Today we're trying the sauce with oranges instead of lemons since that's what we have on hand. It's a great day to be grilling in the snow!
Ride on, Grill on, Wok on...
www.CountrysideFoodRides.com

Post Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:22 pm
JuliaBBQB User avatar
medium-rare
medium-rare

Take a photo for us and post it here!

Post Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:24 pm
BaasPro medium
medium

They cooked hotter and faster than I planned, so not much of a smoke ring. I didn't feel like setting up the iGrill in the cold and wind and apparently I made a hotter fire than necessary. But the BBQ Sauce was awesome. We've been getting oranges weekly from a local friend who now runs an orchard in Florida and I've been using them in everything from salads to stir-fries, and now BBQ Sauce. I'll definitely make it again! I think I prefer the orange over the lemon, but I often think the last thing I ate was the best thing I ever ate. Ha ha. :lol:

630.JPG
630.JPG (185.11 KiB) Viewed 1263 times
Ride on, Grill on, Wok on...
www.CountrysideFoodRides.com

Post Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:32 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Nice ribs, BP! I know I've looked at that recipe a few times but honestly can't remember if I've ever used it...time for a revisit!

Return to General Discussion