Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Introduce yourself! What does your username say about you?

Introduce yourself! What does your username say about you?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
BurntENZ User avatar
raw
raw

BurntENZ - I love this meat candy. I replaced "ENDS" with "ENZ" as a homage to the 80's group "Split ENZ"
Scott

Rec Tec Grill
WSM

BBQ is slow, have patience. Do you have a bottle opener handy? If so use it, if not go get one

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Welcome, Scott! The first thing I thought when I saw "BurntENZ" was, "Hey...I wonder if he's familiar with Split Enz." :lol:

BurntENZ User avatar
raw
raw

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Welcome, Scott! The first thing I thought when I saw "BurntENZ" was, "Hey...I wonder if he's familiar with Split Enz." :lol:

Thanks for the welcome, and wow, someone remembers the band. Cheers
Scott

Rec Tec Grill
WSM

BBQ is slow, have patience. Do you have a bottle opener handy? If so use it, if not go get one

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

BurntENZ wrote:
ScreamingChicken wrote:

Thanks for the welcome, and wow, someone remembers the band. Cheers

Welcome aboard, and great handle! I remember the band too. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

BurntENZ User avatar
raw
raw

Thank you
Scott

Rec Tec Grill
WSM

LGHail rare
rare

Hello, My real name is Daniel. I have a degree in meteorology, hence the user name (Large Hail).
Daniel

Grilling is great, it gives me an excuse to play with fire.

BurntENZ User avatar
raw
raw

LGHail wrote:
Hello, My real name is Daniel. I have a degree in meteorology, hence the user name (Large Hail).

Welcome LG.
Scott

Rec Tec Grill
WSM

BBQ Deputy

Welcome, LGHail! Do you work in radio and/or television?

LGHail rare
rare

Neither, I review road plans for the state. I don't have the tv or radio personality.
Daniel

Grilling is great, it gives me an excuse to play with fire.

YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I guess that's better than not
having a great face for radio!

Welcome aboard.

-YB
Weber Summit E-470
Weber 22" MasterTouch
Performer One Touch
Traeger Lil Tex
New Braunfels Hondo
Bar-B-Chef
Weber Q-220

Gryder25 raw
raw

Gryder25 = G the initial of my first name, Ryder - cause I used to ride a motorcycle, 25 cause I wish it was Christmas everyday :)

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Welcome aboard, LGHail and Gryder25! :bbq:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

BBQ Deputy

Welcome, Gryder25! Christmas aside, I'd be happy to see a day where the temperature reaches 25F... :lol:

Post Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:33 am

Hello everyone,
"Wockhunter", well it's a funny story.
One of my other hobbies is gold panning and such. When I applied to Yahoo for an e-mail address I missed the "R" on the keyboard and hit "W" instead. Yahoo accepted the name as it was not taken. I then tried Rockhunter, what I really wanted, and it had been taken. So then I thought, "Elmer Fudd Hunted WABBITS so why can't I hunt WOCKS?"... I then became the Wockhunter....
Years ago my Father was a BBQ Pit Master. He made extra side money cooking on the coals. He actually had his own "Joint" for several years and was very succsesfull.
One year my father actually cooked on the coals for ABC network during the INDY 500 at the track. He cooked for many famous people that May. My fondest memory of that event was Alan Hale Jr (Skipper) talking to my father about how he liked to bbq over the coals as well....

Due to health reasons my father stopped cooking commercially but never lost his passion for the coals.
I got my passion for BBQ from him.
I believe that a "Pit Master" is not born from "Know How" but born from Passion.
There are many things I do not know how to cook on the coals but I have the passion to try it all.
I am here for the "know how" and to learn from your experience and in return will share mine.
"Mistakes are made by a lack of experience, unfortunatly Experience comes from making mistakes"....

Looking forward to it.....

the Wockhunter
“Mistakes come from lack of experience, unfortunately experience comes from making mistakes”_the Wockhunter

BBQ Deputy

Welcome, Wockhunter! You have a nice family history of live-fire cooking!

We're looking forward to hearing about your bawbecued wibs... :wink:

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion