Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Tenderloins on the road

Tenderloins on the road

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:40 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Last week Mrs. Chicken and I visited her parents and pork tenderloins were on the menu for one of our dinners. Originally Mrs. Chicken's mom was just going to put them in the oven but I volunteered to grill them instead.

The in-laws try to cut back on the salt so their preferred seasoning is Mrs. Dash, so I loaded up one tenderloin for them and used salt, pepper, garlic powder, and dried rosemary on the other. I added some olive oil for good measure as well.

I knew I'd have to use an older gas Weber but since the plan was to sear the tenderloins on 2 sides and then finish them indirect I figured I could manage.

After searing (or trying to) I cooked the tenderloins indirect at pretty low heat until they reached about 140. There's no way my parents would ever eat pork this pink but at one time my FIL was a meatcutter and understands the new guidelines.

The tenderloins turned out pretty good for an improvisational cook. Garlic and rosemary are always a good combination and for a sodium-free seasoning Mrs. Dash does a good job.

Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:48 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

This post reminds me that I need to shop around for pork tenderloins this month. Great pics, Brad! :cheers:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:00 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

You've got me wanting some kind of pork crazy, Brad! Those loins cooked up quite nicely. Do you enjoy horseradish with pork? :cheers:
Got beer???

Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:18 pm
BubbaQue well done
well done

I get mine from Sam's Club. They package two Cryovac packages of two tenderloins per package (thats a lot of packages) in a tray. I cook one and freeze one. Pork tenderloin is one of my go too meats. They're easy and take seasoning well. I too love rosemary and garlic, but I also love Mojo Criollo marinade. Mojo tenderloins make great tacos or Quesadillas. I have also topped with my cranberry and apple Chutney left over from Thanksgiving.

You made me want to run to Sams right now. Bye.
Weber 22 1/2 Platium
Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
WSM

Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:13 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

beercuer wrote:
You've got me wanting some kind of pork crazy, Brad! Those loins cooked up quite nicely. Do you enjoy horseradish with pork? :cheers:
Thanks! I've had horseradish (usually with mustard) with ham but never any other kind of pork. I'll have to keep it in mind!

Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:52 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Thanks! I've had horseradish (usually with mustard) with ham but never any other kind of pork. I'll have to keep it in mind!

Ooh, I'm with you on the horseradish/mustard combo, too. I've also discovered that besides rosemary and garlic, lemon pepper is another excellent pork seasoning for me (of course, chicken as well). :D
Got beer???

Return to General Discussion