Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Here's our Centerfold ...

Here's our Centerfold ...

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:12 am
Steven Grilling Guru
Grilling Guru

Some of the grills at BBQ U. For more on our favorites, click here:

http://barbecuebible.com/2013/10/15/gri ... l6ryRY5slI

What makes YOUR heart beat fast?

;-) SR

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:38 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Big boys' (and girls') toys to be sure! :thumbup: I really like the Grillworks Argentine-inspired model.

No photo, but I have a small collection of dusty, dirty Webers hiding in the garage.

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:38 pm
BaasPro medium
medium

The best patio on the planet!

I like the Kalamazoo. Pretty sure I'll never spend $17,000 on a grill, but it sure is cool. I'm more likely to end up getting a PBC, especially after seeing the comments and pictures on this board. I'd love to have the big Weber kettle and a good reason to fill that grate up someday, but for now the 22.5" works well for us.

Ride on, Grill on, Wok on...
www.CountrysideFoodRides.com

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:53 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Yeesh - I gotta take up welding as a hobby as well. That's the only way I'd be able to get even close to having a Kalamazoo grill.

Time to practice.... :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:13 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

They're all nice but I'll stick with my little Weber collection. I've been promised a vintage kettle that I have to go pick up one of these days. From the 1970's - forget exactly but it's either a robin's egg blue or a light turquoise. An ex-brother-in-law likes to fabricate metal. After seeing the schwenker in Planet Barbecue, he was intrigued and we've talked about trying to put one together.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:41 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Cactus1 wrote:
They're all nice but I'll stick with my little Weber collection. I've been promised a vintage kettle that I have to go pick up one of these days. From the 1970's - forget exactly but it's either a robin's egg blue or a light turquoise. An ex-brother-in-law likes to fabricate metal. After seeing the schwenker in Planet Barbecue, he was intrigued and we've talked about trying to put one together.

Wow, Cactus1. I didn't even know that Weber kettles came in those colors. When you get it fixed up please be sure to send pics! 8)
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:08 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

It's been a while since I've seen it so I don't remember the exact shade of blue but it's definitely not that darker "electric" blue that came later. Going to have to call my friend this weekend and see if I can get it next week.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Return to General Discussion