Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Cooking in the cold

Cooking in the cold

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:21 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

This is directed in part to my buddy TheRoff who claims that the snow is keeping him from his grill:
Roff Roff Roff Roff snow doesn't matter man!! Around my house the grill and a path to it gets shoveled out before the driveway. I don't care if I have to go anywhere but I HAVE to cook! As for ice...light 'er up man! The ice takes care of itself.
Don't let this weather stop you, just adjust your temps. And realize that beer will freeze so either drink quicker or switch to liquor!

DON'T LET THE WEATHER STOP YOU FROM GRILLING. IF YOU CAN GET OUT THE DOOR YOU CAN GRILL!!!

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:08 am
hickory pete well done
well done

Oh no!! Maybe he can't get to the shovel, because it's burried somewhere under the snow.

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:49 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

What's snow???

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:52 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Bob - I mean this in the nicest possible way...JERK! :P

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:59 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I feel the love...

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:50 am
chagan well done
well done

Bob, snow is kinda like that fake white foam that you spray around your plastic Christmas Tree to get that holiday feeling, except it falls from the sky, is made out of water, and up north we drive more carefully in it unlike down there where everyone jumps in the pickup and does 90 just to see what it's like. (Causing many accidents that amuse us up here when shown on the national news) :twisted:

All the love
Last edited by chagan on Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:57 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Ouch

Can you tell that those of us who live with snow and cold weather, just like steaks, don't like being frozen...

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:00 pm
chagan well done
well done

My best friend lives in Odessa, so I am honorary- he told me I could; actually- he made me do it.

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:00 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

We had an 18 car pile-up in town yesterday and didn't even need snow, rain or even fog. :shock:

Luke, I hope you weren't around that mess!

Post Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:17 am
hickory pete well done
well done

We don't need snow here for car pile-ups, don't need sandstorms either...all you have to do is pull out of your drive and your on your own..

Post Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:09 am
Luke medium-rare
medium-rare

All safe here.

This year I am spending my holiday with a sweets socal Christmas. 60 degrees with a light wind.
Live Different

Post Sat Dec 13, 2003 10:13 am
hickory pete well done
well done

60 degrees, light wind...I remember those kind of days. It wasn't all that long ago. Woke up today to 19 degrees, without any wind, expecting snow tomorrow. Kind of wonder what Christmas will be like...

Post Sat Dec 13, 2003 9:11 pm
dkirn well done
well done

My grill is close enough to the house, all I need to go is open the patio door and then light the grill and the snow around the grill will be melted by the time I am ready to grill

Post Sun Dec 14, 2003 12:52 am
hickory pete well done
well done

Things are a little different for me this year. However, usually the snow wouldn't bother me as much as the blowing cold weather. This is Michigan, and I would not want to live any where else, but grilling during warm weather is the best..sit back, enjoy a cool drink, read a book, and watch the grill...not gonna happen during the winter months here!

Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:26 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I remember when....

I feel another war story coming on. When we were in Germany, we lived on the third floor and had a tiny balcony. The balconies below ours were covered by the one above it but we were on the top and had no shelter.

I remember watching the snow flakes hitting the hot grill lid and sizzling, steaming and boiling away. I imagine a lot of folks thought we were crazy as we were located at the entrance of our housing area and everyone coming or going passed by. But we grill year round regardless of the weather. Rain made it difficult but not impossible.

Now with a large covered patio all I have to deal with is the wind...and lovin' it!

Next

Return to General Discussion