Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Pork Medallions

Pork Medallions

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:56 am
Griffin well done
well done

Had a pork tenderloin in the fridge that I had to do something with last night, didn't feel like grilling it whole so I decided to treat it like a filet mignon. Sliced and wrapped in bacon and then dusted with Salt Lick Rub.

Pretty darn tasty even if that one sliced open was a bit more done than I would have preferred. Salty from bacon, peppery from the Salt Lick and a rich depth of flavor from the compound butter. Simple and quick weekday meal. Compound butter was 1/2 stick of butter softened at room temp, 2 tsp Dijon mustard, 1 tsp of Salt Lick Rub and one clove of garlic pushed through a garlic press. Whip together, roll into a log with plastic wrap and placed in refirgerator to chill until needed.
Last edited by Griffin on Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:57 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Nicely done, Griff! I sometimes cook pork tenderloin in medallions like this. Never thought about the compund butter, though - great idea! :cheers:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:48 am
Cactus1 well done
well done

Nice job Grif! I'm not one to do whole pork tenderloins but my wife loves them. I just prefer other cuts of pork. I do like them sliced as medallions and high heat grilled using a variety of rubs - just depends on my mood or taste buds. I have wrapped them in bacon. They are actually sold that way in northeast Ohio - sliced into medallions and wrapped in bacon. My family there buys and grills them often.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:24 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Great job - the medallions look great and I love the shot of them on the BGE! That fire looks plenty hot and once the basics of the bacon and pork are nailed down there's a lot of flexibility when it comes to seasoning.

Return to General Discussion