Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Grilled Corn

Grilled Corn

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:23 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I can't see using foil pouches for anything on a grill except maybe wood chips! :shock: :lol: That's why I have a grill pan.

On occasion we will peel all but the last layer of husk, pull it back to remove the silk, add some seasoned butter, and replace the last layer of husk. It adds a smoky sweetness to the corn and as it burns away some of the kernels get caramelized. For me, variety is good, so I change it up every once it a while. However, so far, this year we have been direct grilling like this. I left the husks attached and tied back once this year.

DSCN0881.JPG
DSCN0881.JPG (79.54 KiB) Viewed 564 times

Post Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:33 am
Cactus1 well done
well done

Bob-BQN wrote:
I can't see using foil pouches for anything on a grill except maybe wood chips! :shock: :lol: That's why I have a grill pan.

On occasion we will peel all but the last layer of husk, pull it back to remove the silk, add some seasoned butter, and replace the last layer of husk. It adds a smoky sweetness to the corn and as it burns away some of the kernels get caramelized. For me, variety is good, so I change it up every once it a while. However, so far, this year we have been direct grilling like this. I left the husks attached and tied back once this year.

DSCN0881.JPG

I make those hobo packets, from the old Boy Scout days, every now and then. Half pound or so of hamburger, sliced onion, sliced potato, seasoning of choice - usually just salt and pepper - we didn't have fancy seasoning back in the Boy Scout days, couple pats of butter. Wrap it up in a foil pouch and put on a medium hot grill (or right on the coals) for 45 minute or an hour. Open it up and eat it right out of the pouch.
No foil for anything else but a disposable drip pan.

Corn has been really good this year. Did a dozen ears both last Saturday and Sunday and will do corn this Sunday. Had 4 ears leftover on Sunday and I cut them off of the cobb and vacuum packed them. Even saw a recipe in today's paper to make a corn stock using the cobb one the corn has been eaten or sliced off.
Drove from Akron, OH area to Angola, IN yesterday on U.S. Rt 20. Saw several fields of field corn that have already been harvested and several more being harvested.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Previous

Return to General Discussion