Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Happy Labor Day!

Happy Labor Day!

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:49 am
Steven Grilling Guru
Grilling Guru

Happy Labor Day, everyone! I just got back from book tour Montreal, which is in the midst of a BBQ frenzy. Smoked buttermilk pork meatballs (at the restaurant Boucan). Magnificent grilled 6 week aged rib steak. House smoked sturgeon and gravlax. I'll tell you more in a future blog.

In the meanwhile, I want to wish everyone a happy Labor Day. We did a warm-up yesterday with jalapeno planked camembert cheese and spit roasted Korean leg of lamb.

SR

P.S. For five strategies for keeping your Labor Day as un-labor intensive as possible, click here: http://barbecuebible.com/2013/08/19/labor-day-bbq-hold-the-hard-work/#.UiRdpRY5tlI

Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:08 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Happy Labor Day from me as well, especially to those who do the harder jobs in tougher conditions.

Smoked buttermilk pork meatballs? They sound interesting, especially with this month's Block Party being pork-centric!

I'm adhering strongly to tip #3 this year, with a pork sirloin roast entering its 6th hour and some chicken legs waiting their turn. I'm only cooking for 5 so there'll be plenty of leftovers for lunches.

Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:29 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Happy Labor Day to you also Steven. :D

Return to General Discussion