Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Tried Adam Perry Lang's Steak Recipe

Tried Adam Perry Lang's Steak Recipe

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:55 am
Griffin well done
well done

Decided to try out one of APL's steak recipes I found online last night. Made my herb paintbrush with rosemary, thyme and oregano.

Butter baste for the steak

One 16oz ribeye that I picked up at Hirsch's Meat Market in Plano

Made my board sauce

Ended up overcooking the steak to my liking. Whoops

Even though I screwed up the cooking of the steak, it turned out really good. Tons of flavor. Going to have to try it again real soon. And then because Griffin's Grub is turning 2 tomorrow, we celebrated with a little Tres Leches. Yeah, it was store bought, so sue me. I've had a really long, stressful, crappy week and trying to make a cake wasn't gonna happen. Not to mention, what would the two of us do with a whole cake?

Hope everybody has a great weekend and a wonderful Labor Day. I'll be stuck doing wedding stuff for my cousin all weekend, so doubt I will be able to fire up the Egg until Monday.

Post Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:13 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I'm definitely going to have to find that recipe - the steak would've been good by itself but the butter and herbs take it up a notch!

Congrats on the anniversary and your cousin's wedding!

Post Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:21 pm
Griffin well done
well done

Post Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:11 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Griff, the steak still looks plenty good to me. I'd have eaten it with a smile. :D

Musta been a rough week across the entire state. I for one am ready for it to be over and start a fresh one. :?

Best of luck with the nuptial event. Happy blessings to the couple!

Return to General Discussion