Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Super Chicken Sh!t

Super Chicken Sh!t

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:23 am
Griffin well done
well done

Let me start off by saying I hope this doesn't offend anybody or break any rules. I didn't name the stuff.

While Mrs. G was working a show in Vegas recently, she picked up a few bottles of seasoning. All from a line called Super Sh!t. They had Chicken Sh!t, Reel Sh!t, plain Sh!t and a whole bunch more. I thought we give Super Chicken Sh!t a try last night.

Got the Chicken liberally dusted with the Sh!t

Stabilized the Egg at 400 and tossed in the AR with the grate on the top level, didn't use any wood for smoke as I wanted the flavor of the Sh!t to shine through.

Really like this picture of the sunlight coming down through the upper vent.

All done after 45 minutes

As much as I really wanted to like this seasoning, I was disappointed. Granted, it was chicken seasoning, not a bbq rub, but I was underwhelmed. It just seemed weak and flat. Not a whole lot of flavor going on, it just seemed to get lost. Maybe it would have been better on something cooked in the box on the oven, not that the chicken was really smoky, or maybe it should be used in conjunction with some kind of sauce, but by itself, I found that it was lacking. Ended up busting out a bottle of Stubbs BBQ sauce as I refused to eat bland chicken. And now I have two more bottles of the stuff...yay!

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:55 am
sroach well done
well done

Griffin,

That sucks, with a label like that you would expect some kick A@@ taste....

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:24 am
Griffin well done
well done

I was thinking the same thing. :(

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:19 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Griffin wrote:
Let me start off by saying I hope this doesn't offend anybody or break any rules. I didn't name the stuff.

No worries - it's not over the line because that's the name of the stuff. Thanks for considering other forum members and covering up the name a bit. :D

Griffin wrote:
As much as I really wanted to like this seasoning, I was disappointed. Granted, it was chicken seasoning, not a bbq rub, but I was underwhelmed. It just seemed weak and flat. Not a whole lot of flavor going on, it just seemed to get lost. Maybe it would have been better on something cooked in the box on the oven, not that the chicken was really smoky, or maybe it should be used in conjunction with some kind of sauce, but by itself, I found that it was lacking. Ended up busting out a bottle of Stubbs BBQ sauce as I refused to eat bland chicken. And now I have two more bottles of the stuff...yay!

It's disappointing that it wasn't as good as you'd hoped. I've had enough bottles of spice go through my kitchen like that, so I pretty well gave up on all but a few.

But then again, in this instance what did you expect? It's sh!t! Maybe it composted too long? :twisted:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:42 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Griffin wrote:
As much as I really wanted to like this seasoning, I was disappointed. Granted, it was chicken seasoning, not a bbq rub, but I was underwhelmed. It just seemed weak and flat. Not a whole lot of flavor going on, it just seemed to get lost.
How was the salt level? You could try salting under the skin and adding seasoning there as well as on the outside; that might help boost the flavor a bit. Also, if a lot of the spices in it are oil-soluble you could turn it into a paste to see if the flavors come out a little more.

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:47 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Soooo, the chicken looks really good. You did a fine job cooking it as usual. :D

Too bad the seasoning lived up to its name! :(

Post Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:26 am
Cactus1 well done
well done

I got a jar of Penzy's 33rd & Galena Chicken & Pork Rub 3 or 4 weeks ago. I didn't even know Penzy's had retail stores - thought they were strictly mail order. Really good stuff!
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:22 am
sroach well done
well done

Cactus1 wrote:
I got a jar of Penzy's 33rd & Galena Chicken & Pork Rub 3 or 4 weeks ago. I didn't even know Penzy's had retail stores - thought they were strictly mail order. Really good stuff!

+1 we have one near us, and they have so really good mixed up stuff.. Their Pizza Topping (Garlic and salt) is some godo stuff too.

Return to General Discussion