Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Brisket Burritos for Breakfast

Brisket Burritos for Breakfast

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:13 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

We have brisket for dinner last night and had some leftover since it was just my wife and me. So this morning we had leftovers for breakfast. The burrito includes, smoked brisket (of course), jalapenos, onions, garlic, eggs, cheddar cheese, and a shredded cheese blend. I must be getting old... I couldn't eat the whole thing. :lol:

Wow, I need to resize the photos a little smaller next time! :shock:

Post Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:13 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Wow - looks great, Bob! Are those tater tots I see on the burrito too? :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:30 am
Old Smoker well done
well done

Now thats looks like the start to a great day.
22.5 WSM - Chargriller - Traeger Texas
I cook to eat not to compete

Post Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:07 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Everything's better with tater tots! I'll bet the cheese cubes got nice and melted, too!

But the real question is...who is this Bob-BQN person?? :wink: :lol:

Post Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:45 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

Man! It's almost quarter of three in the afternoon and I had my lunch a little while ago. Now I want breakfast!
I'm a burrito guy! Ate one Saturday off of a food truck that was great - might have had something to do with the habanero hominy and the fresh grilled skirt steak they used. I have my favorite burrito places but the next time I want a burrito, I'm checking to see where the food truck is that day and heading there. They do have breakfast burritos that they serve all day.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:06 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

My youngest son is in college and coincidently made breakfast burritos for dinner Saturday too. :lol: Plus my oldest son came home and cleaned up ALL the breakfast burrito leftovers for dinner. Breakfast is not just for breakfast anymore. :wink:

I usually make breakfast burritos with hash browns. I saw Sonic using tater tots and have always wanted to try it at home. This was the first try and everyone loves the tots! Yes, the cheddar cheese cubes got ever so melty. Mmmmm!

Who am I? Guess I'll have to backpack Europe to find the answer to that question. :lol:

These were freshly fried tots too!

Post Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:21 am
Griffin well done
well done

:shock: Awesome looking burrito. Love the addition on tater tots. I am a tator tot freak, but never thought to add them to a breakfast burrito. next time I will.

Post Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:02 pm
tex_toby well done
well done

Homina Homina Homina!!! :shock: :bbq:
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Char-Griller Wrangler w/Side-burner - My camping grill

Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:43 am
Cactus1 well done
well done

Not a tater tot fan. Why not use some freshly made hash browns?
Not a Sonic fan either. Ate at one several years ago in Arizona and it was really good. Had to try them when they moved into Illinois a few years ago. I've been to four, in different parts of the State - only got something to drink at one of them. All are pretty bad - not what I expected from Sonic! Advertising a hot dog special about this time last year. Got it at the Sonic in Metropolis - dogs were so bad we could not eat them. Been a couple times to Sonic in North Aurora and they are inconsistent, same down by Springfield. Only something to drink in O'Fallon. I do like Sonics drink flavor combinations.
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:34 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Cactus - I have always used hash browns in the past. Many times I have hand cut the potatoes into julienne slices. However, this is the first time using tater tots and they were delicious.

The Sonic's in Texas are still pretty good. I went to one once and was greatly disappointed, but that was an isolated incident. BTW, I like their tots way better than their fries. Cherry-Limeaides are addictive! :lol:

Cottage fried potatoes made be an option in the foreseeable future! :wink:

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:32 am
Cactus1 well done
well done

Bob-BQN wrote:
Cactus - I have always used hash browns in the past. Many times I have hand cut the potatoes into julienne slices. However, this is the first time using tater tots and they were delicious.

The Sonic's in Texas are still pretty good. I went to one once and was greatly disappointed, but that was an isolated incident. BTW, I like their tots way better than their fries. Cherry-Limeaides are addictive! :lol:

Cottage fried potatoes made be an option in the foreseeable future! :wink:

Going to have to see what kind of leftover bbq meat in my freezer and do some Sunday morning. Me and my 4 year old grandson will be doing a "camp in" Saturday night. He'd get a kick out of Papa firing up the grill to make breakfast on Sunday morning.
Yeah, use my mandolin to make uniform slices for home fries. I see a plan coming together!
Like the limeaides at Sonic and cherry is my favorite also. Ain't going to go out of my way to get one and sure as heck ain't going to try their food no more. I'll take bad once, I've taken bad twice, and mediocre a third time. That's three strikes, and where I come from, Three strikes and you're out.
Didn't notice where you're from ... Do you have Dunkin Donuts? They have a slushy type limeaide - think they call it a coolata, or something like that, and it is very good.
Did a good mix Sunday on a freeebie 44 ouncer from Speedway Rewards - 1/3 Minutemaid lemonade, topped with 1/3 orange Gatorade, and top third was blue Powerade. Turned a real funky green as the colors all settled but it was really good.
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Return to General Discussion