Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Ribeyes for Dinner

Ribeyes for Dinner

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:22 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

We headed out to a restaurant for dinner. I promised my wife a salad. :shock: On the way, she suggested we stop and pick up stuff to cook for dinner instead... THREE grocery stores later . . .

Man, I'm stuffed. ^^^ AND three glasses of tea!!!

I was so hungry that I ALMOST didn't take pictures! :shock:

Post Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:48 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

No way could you have gotten as good a restaurant dinner for what it cost to put that plate together! Can't beat a summer plate of steak and corn!

Post Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:15 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Three grocery stores for four items? That's dedication! :D

Looks like it was worth it, Bob - that's a great looking meal indeed! :cheers:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:17 am
Griffin well done
well done

Great looking meal, Bob!! Where you been hiding? I sent you a few PMs awhile back. I was worried about you. Thought maybe something had happened to you. I wrote you off as somebody who was never coming back. Glad I was wrong. Still have a bit of dragon salt left. It got pushed back in the spice cabinet and I forgot about it, just recently found it again.

Post Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:48 pm
tex_toby well done
well done

Ribeyes - It don't get any betta! :)
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Char-Griller Wrangler w/Side-burner - My camping grill

Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:51 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

The corn was HARD to find! Since it is in season and prices are coming down, it seems everyone is buying it up. So we had to go to two stores before finding an acceptable cut of meat and three just to find corn. A couple of ears had funky patterned kernels but they were very sweet, moist, crisp and tasty which made up for appearance.

Been off and on the board every once in a while but never logged on to be able to read PM's. So many things going on in other areas of life that I needed the time off. Still may be in and out.

Griff, I can't tell you how many batches of Dragon Salt we've been through! LOL I keep a shaker at my inlaw's house and my son has one at his apartment. So I have to supply those three plus a sister-in-law. :lol:

Funny story... My sister from Missouri came to visit. My wife made smothered steaks. She got a very small amount of steak & rice to try to see if she liked it, then went for seconds and got a normal helping. About half way through her second serving she asked, "What's this?", holding up the shaker of Dragon Salt. I explained to her what it was and how it was made. The then exclaimed, "Wow! I just thought I put too much pepper on my first serving so I use less on this one." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I wasn't paying attention to what she put on her food because my other sister and I were working on a family project at the other side of the table while eating. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: She's not used to spicy food AT ALL and she was on fire! The smothered steaks must have been good though, because she if a finicky eater and still finished eating. :shock:

Thanks for the comments & compliments, it surely was a fine meal.

Return to General Discussion