Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Solid Food Injector

Solid Food Injector

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:56 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

This looked interesting, although, I'm not going to run out and buy it right away. The inventor, Ron Popeil (Ronco), had a solid food injector for whole foods such as garlic, olives, etc. I know that you can probably get the same results from poking a hole into the food and pushing in the spice with your fingers, but this was something that I never saw before. There is a website: www.popeilfamilystore.com/ Has anyone tried one of these gadgets?

Pete

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:10 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Just like the pocket fisherman I can't quite figure out how this litte gadget would work?
What will Ron think of next...

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:19 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I once saw this device on an infomercial. I figure that if this product is as good as they hype it up to be then we'll be seeing similar injector's in the local stores. I've always heard to poke as few holes as possible when injecting and this thing makes pretty big ones. It looked intriguing but I took a wait and see approach. I would also be interested to hear anyone's experience with this toy.

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:32 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

It sure does look like it makes pretty good size holes..can't imagine that being really good for keeping the juices in. I've never heard of anyone using one of these, just thought it was interesting.

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:37 am
ThrRoff well done
well done

Hmm, solid food injector. I did look at it on the web site. I don’t think so. I agree with you Hickory Pete, I am not sure I want hole in meats I am grilling or smoking. On the other hand there is nothing better than a boneless pork loin roasted with about 50 cloves of garlic pushed into it with a simple cut of a knife.

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:32 pm
chagan well done
well done

So that's how they make a turducken!

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:20 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Yeah right, who needs to chew or even a protien shake, I'll have a porterhouse medium rare, baked potato, salad...and just shoot it into my veins!!

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:04 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

:shock:

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:24 pm

You ok there Bob?

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:25 pm
chagan well done
well done

That was me, Bob??

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Post Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:14 am
hickory pete well done
well done

Grand Scale, Chagan, Bob..

Man, am I sorry I was gone all day and missed all the humor. Bob, you gonna survive all this fun?

Post Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:28 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I have an apprehension for small needles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:53 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

Bob-BQN wrote:
I once saw this device on an infomercial. I figure that if this product is as good as they hype it up to be then we'll be seeing similar injector's in the local stores. I've always heard to poke as few holes as possible when injecting and this thing makes pretty big ones. It looked intriguing but I took a wait and see approach. I would also be interested to hear anyone's experience with this toy.

I haven't seen this device anywhere, but on this one TV show. I think you're right..if it was that good we'd see it all over the place. Besides, it's even made of plastic.

Post Sat Dec 13, 2003 8:58 pm
dkirn well done
well done

Just remember this is from the guy who created the "Spray on Hair"

Return to General Discussion