Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Would You Eat This Burger?

Would You Eat This Burger?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:37 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

There is a semi-upscale burger joint in downtown LaGrange, IL, Back Alley Burger - www.backalleyburger.com - they also have a location in Elmhurst, IL. One of their specialty burgers is the "Hot-est Insane - est Burger Ever-est.
1/2 lb grass fed beef topped with habanero jam, Trinidad Scorpian sauce, Bhut Jolokia flakes, fried jalapenos, red onion, Thai chili cream cheese on a cayenne spiced Kaiser bun.
I plan to eat one of these next Tuesday night. I will also order one of their chocolate milkshakes in case I need something to tame the heat.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:17 pm
BubbaQue well done
well done

Actually alcohol will disapate the capsasian better. Have a Martini ready.
Weber 22 1/2 Platium
Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
WSM

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:43 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

BubbaQue wrote:

A little of my Sauza Conmemorative Tequila Anejo would do the trick! :lol:
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:38 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Cactus1 wrote:
BubbaQue wrote:

A little of my Sauza Conmemorative Tequila Anejo would do the trick! :lol:

Stick with the milkshake, Cactus1. The fats and sugar in a milkshake disrupt the bonds in the capsaicin molecules, while alcohol just dilutes it. Plus, they seem to work a lot more quickly than alcohol.

There's no delicate way to put this, but dairy fats also tend to reduce the effects of chili heat when it's on the way out, too, and a lot better than alcohol. :mrgreen:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:26 am
Cactus1 well done
well done

Only kidding about the tequila. I've have sauce from both the bhut jolokia and Trinidad Scorpian. I've eaten hot peppers since I was a kid. No the effect of the dairy.
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:44 pm
sroach well done
well done

I feel bad for your stomach, I can almost hearing it crying.. :D

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:55 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

sroach wrote:
I feel bad for your stomach, I can almost hearing it crying.. :D

Tears of joy!
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:57 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Sounds like a burger that could pack a pretty serious punch! Be sure to take along a camera to record your facial expressions.

Mrs. Chicken's brother lives in LG (they grew up in LGP) with his family. I'm going to have to ask them sometime if they've ever been there. BAB's menu looks pretty good but I'd delete the lettuce, tomato, and onion from anything I ordered. :lol:

Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:00 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Sounds like a burger that could pack a pretty serious punch! Be sure to take along a camera to record your facial expressions.

Mrs. Chicken's brother lives in LG (they grew up in LGP) with his family. I'm going to have to ask them sometime if they've ever been there. BAB's menu looks pretty good but I'd delete the lettuce, tomato, and onion from anything I ordered. :lol:

There are a lot of good or decent places in LaGrange. We have an older friend, lives in the condos just east of LaGrange Rd, between the BNSF tracks and Ogden Ave. We have a standing "date" to go to dinner every Tuesday night - have done it for several years. Her and I usually go for coffee or lunch on Friday - we went to a movie last Friday. Plus she comes for Sunday Family Dinner at our house ever Sunday.
Send me an email, address is in my profile, with your wife's or her brother's name. My wife and her 1st husband lived in LG or LGP for over 20 years. Her older kids are in their mid-30's. Her or us might know your wife's brother. That would be a small world.
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Return to General Discussion