Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Tonight On My Grill ...

Tonight On My Grill ...

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:54 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

Have a 3 lb boneless pork loin roast that I'm just about to rub with some McCormick Grill Mates Pork Rub. I'll put a baked potato in the embers for my wife and I have a couple red beets for me. Will put a couple red onions in the embers also. Two nice medium size zuchinni to plug with a couple, sliced into slivers, garlic cloves and brush with butter as they grill. Think I might use some cherry chips to give the pork a little smoke.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:46 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

So how'd everything turn out?

Based on childhood experiences it'd be tough to get me to try beets again, but I might be able to work up the courage if they were roasted or grilled. Sara Moulton says they taste like dirt but likes them after they've been shredded and sauteed.

Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:20 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

Everything was good. Finished the pork loin, as a sandwich, on rye bread spread with horseradish and my favorite, imported from Cleveland, Stadium Mustard for my lunch today.
I like beets in any form ... pickle a bunch with hard boiled eggs a couple of times a year to keep in the fridge for a snack, blanch and slice for a salad, really like to roast whole beets or just about any root vegetable in the coals.
Golden Beets are just coming into season. Saw them for the first time in the produce store the other day. They are better than red beets. Like to roast in the coals and use a balsamic / maple syrup, spiked with a little hot sauce reduction, on them.
No grill tonight ... hot, humid, sunny, and windy. Severe storms supposed to develop about the time I'd fire up.
Making bacon and eggs and rye toast.
I'm impulsive ... Went to the store just to buy bread and perused the butcher case. Came home with a 2 1/2 lb, about 1 1/2" thick, sirloin for a London Broil, and 10 boneless loin pork chops. Both were on sale and I could not pass them up.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Return to General Discussion