Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Salmon Nicoise Salad

Salmon Nicoise Salad

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:13 am
sroach well done
well done

Made a Nicoise salad last night, Salmon no Tuna. At the end added a little pesto to the top of the grilled Salmon.

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:27 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

My, my...looks who's using big fancy words like "Nicoise"! :lol: :wink:

That salad looks really terrific - very vibrant colors!

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:38 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Yes - that salad looks great, sroach! And I'm not usually a huge fan of salad, too.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:27 pm
sroach well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:

The trick is pronouncing it.. LOL.. I think the first time I said Nee-coise and then someone corrected me.. LOL

@Charrgriller - Thanks we actually do salads for dinners at least twice a week. When the boy isn't home for dinner.. LOL

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:17 am
Griffin well done
well done

Give whatever fancy name you want to that salad, just pass me some. Looks healthy and tasty, two things that don't always go together. :cheers:

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:28 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

sroach wrote:
ScreamingChicken wrote:

The trick is pronouncing it.. LOL.. I think the first time I said Nee-coise and then someone corrected me.. LOL

@Charrgriller - Thanks we actually do salads for dinners at least twice a week. When the boy isn't home for dinner.. LOL

It's kind of funny, but the first ever time I watched a Julia Child show, she made a Salade Nicoise. The pronunciation wasn't an issue for me as Julia was quite a stickler for French pronunciation. :D

I also recall thinking "That's a salad? But there's so much stuff in it!". Up to then most salads I'd eaten were just iceberg or romaine lettuce with maybe some chopped celery or tomatoes added.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:31 pm
christinebbqb medium-rare
medium-rare

Steven has a recipe on the site for a salad nicoise made with tuna steaks:
http://barbecuebible.com/recipe/grilled-salade-nicoise/

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:48 am
sroach well done
well done

CharredGriller wrote:
It's kind of funny, but the first ever time I watched a Julia Child show, she made a Salade Nicoise. The pronunciation wasn't an issue for me as Julia was quite a stickler for French pronunciation. :D

I also recall thinking "That's a salad? But there's so much stuff in it!". Up to then most salads I'd eaten were just iceberg or romaine lettuce with maybe some chopped celery or tomatoes added.

Charred, I agree 100% love a big full salad. we used to be in the mode of making the same old boring salad.

Griffin wrote:
Give whatever fancy name you want to that salad, just pass me some. Looks healthy and tasty, two things that don't always go together.

I have seen some of your dishes, you make so good looking healthy food my friend!

Christinebbq wrote:
Steven has a recipe on the site for a salad nicoise made with tuna steaks:
http://barbecuebible.com/recipe/grilled-salade-nicoise/

Christine, that's the actual recipe I follow, I just swaped the salmon this time. Ohh, and mine doesn't look as nice.. :lol:

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:01 am
christinebbqb medium-rare
medium-rare

Love that you swapped out the fish ... your pic is great ... we all should be inspired to make more salads. The next Up in Smoke newsletter Steven is writing that will go out on 7/9 will focus on green meets grill! If you're not already receiving the newsletter, there's a sign-up box on the site's homepage: http://www.barbecuebible.com

Post Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:38 pm
QJuju well done
well done

That is a great looking salad! I will have to queue that one up.

Return to General Discussion