Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Bacon wrapped dates

Bacon wrapped dates

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:53 pm
caveman rare
rare

I'm smoking some bacon wrapped dates stuffed with blue cheese on the BGE. Has anyone ever done this? I figured I'd cook them like an ABT: 225 for 2 hours, but I'd love some advice. Thanks in advance and a Happy 4th to all
Large Big Green Egg
Weber Performer
WSM

Post Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:32 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I'm sorry but no advice here and I'm way late to the party, but how'd they turn out? My first thought would be that once the bacon was cooked they'd be ready to eat.

Post Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:51 am
FrankC well done
well done

How did it turn out? Brad is right, once the bacon is done, you're good to go.

I've done the bacon wrapped dates several times, and they're always a hit. You can also experiment with a glaze. I've tried honey, but it was a little too sweet for my tastes. I really like reducing balsamic vinegar, then drizzling it on during the last 5 minutes or so.

Hope this helps the next time.

fc
Large Big Green Egg
Medium Big Green Egg

Post Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:56 am
Attrill well done
well done

I've never done them stuffed with cheese, but I've done them stuffed with chorizo loads of times. Let us know how the cheese stuffing turned out. They work great with any sausage stuffing.

Post Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:28 am
sroach well done
well done

Hmm.. I got a big party coming up and this sounds perfect for an App..

Post Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:14 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I tried to wrap a date in bacon once but all that happened was that I got slapped and called a pervert. :wink: :twisted: :lol:

Post Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:48 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

ScreamingChicken wrote:
I tried to wrap a date in bacon once but all that happened was that I got slapped and called a pervert. :wink: :twisted: :lol:

And once again I've got coffee coming out of my nose. I really have to watch out for these posts on my breaks... :twisted:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:42 am
sroach well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:

Classic....LOL

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:46 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

FrankC wrote:
How did it turn out? Brad is right, once the bacon is done, you're good to go.

I've done the bacon wrapped dates several times, and they're always a hit. You can also experiment with a glaze. I've tried honey, but it was a little too sweet for my tastes. I really like reducing balsamic vinegar, then drizzling it on during the last 5 minutes or so.

Hope this helps the next time.

fc

CharredGriller wrote:
ScreamingChicken wrote:

And once again I've got coffee coming out of my nose. I really have to watch out for these posts on my breaks... :twisted:

I've never done dates. Know they're in season and plan to pick some up this weekend. Cheese sounds good to stuff and the reduced balsamic sounds perfect to glaze.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Return to General Discussion