Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas

Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:36 am
Griffin well done
well done

Last night we took some of the leftover spatchcock chicken from Sunday and made some enchiladas.

Rolled up some corn tortillas with the chicken, onions and Monterrey Jack cheese

Topped with a sauce and more cheese and then tossed it on the Egg indirect at 375F

30 minutes later and it was done...sort of. I like my cheese a bit more browned, so we popped it under the broiler for a few minutes, then topped it with some green onions.

Ate it with a simple salad and some Briana's Chipotle Cheddar salad dressing (good stuff, nice bit of heat)

Pretty darn tasty meal and a great way to use leftover chicken, just wish I had left the seeds and veins in the jalapenos that I chopped up for the sauce. So good I went back for one more.

Post Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:26 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Those look great, Griffin! :D

What kind of sauce did you use on the enchiladas?
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:06 pm
Griffin well done
well done

•1/4 cup butter
•2 Tbsp flour
•2 cups chicken broth
•8 oz sour cream (1 cup)
•2 jalapeno peppers chopped ( for milder tastes, remove seeds and membrane, then chop)
•4 oz canned green chilies

Melt butter then add in flour to make a light blonde roux, slowly whisk in chicken broth and cook until thickened. Add in sour cream, jalapenos and green chilies (and some Monterrey Jack cheese if you want) and warm through, but do not allow to boil.

Post Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:51 pm
Trollby well done
well done

can I use corn starch instead of flour?

Some recipes it is not a good substitute bu most it is ok, otherwise I would use GF AP flour

Post Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:58 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Trollby wrote:
can I use corn starch instead of flour?

Some recipes it is not a good substitute bu most it is ok, otherwise I would use GF AP flour

I cook some gluten-free stuff myself. When it comes to making a roux, then I've found that cornstarch is an acceptable substitute for flour (at a one-to-one ratio). Heck, it even says so on the box. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:19 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Nice-looking enchiladas! I haven't had breakfast yet and a couple of those would taste really good right now!

Return to General Discussion