Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Royal Oak at Menards

Royal Oak at Menards

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:14 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

There used to be a sticky about great charcoal deals but I couldn't find it or didn't see it.

Menards has Royal Oak Premium Charcoal Briquettes on sale this week for $5.99 with a mail in $3.00 rebate.
There is a limit of 4 bags for the rebate and only applies to the with Mesquite or with Hickory. These are the 16.6 lb. bags.

I got my 4 bags and my stepson and one of my nephews have each picked up 4 bags for me.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:46 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Cactus1 wrote:
There used to be a sticky about great charcoal deals but I couldn't find it or didn't see it.

Menards has Royal Oak Premium Charcoal Briquettes on sale this week for $5.99 with a mail in $3.00 rebate.
There is a limit of 4 bags for the rebate and only applies to the with Mesquite or with Hickory. These are the 16.6 lb. bags.

I got my 4 bags and my stepson and one of my nephews have each picked up 4 bags for me.

The board members voted on getting rid of some of the sticky threads to make room for new ones. Here's the original topic:
http://www.barbecuebible.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23070&p=225502&hilit=charcoal+sales#p225502
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:33 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

I use Royal Oak Lump in my smokers and Trader Joe's Natural Hardwwood Briquettes (Rancher) in my grills, but rebate or not, this is just to good of a deal to pass up.
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:29 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

At an end cost of $2.99/bag you're right about the deal, Cactus!

Too bad it doesn't apply to regular Royal Oak briquettes as well. I wonder if the hickory and mesquite versions need a kickstart sales-wise.

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:12 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

I've burned close to half a bag of the mesquite, in two cooks on my 26 3/4" Weber One Touch Gold, since Sunday. It burns pretty close to the regular Royal Oak, although I've gone to the Trader Joe's Rancher I have used the Royal Oak bricks, and the mesquite is very subtle. You can see mesquite chips imbedded in the briquettes. I am happy with it.
At $2.99, after rebate, it is a great deal. At $5.99 for 16.6 lb., it is still a very good deal. Won't go out of my way to go to Menards, but if I'm passing by, I will stop and buy more @ $5.99.
My Dad told me last night that just under 100 lb. of charcoal will last me til the middle of next year. Told him it should be gone by Labor Day and I'll be buying more.
It's not that Royal Oak is trying to promote - It's Menards with hickory and mesquite. When I picked up the charcoal on Sunday, there was a big sign "Wood Chips $.99 Per Bag". I'm low on apple and picked up a couple bags only to be told at checkout that apple was not on sale - just hickory and mesquite. Stepson told me when he picked up charcoal Sunday night, at the same Menards, that the sign had been altered to say "Hickory & Mesquite Only"
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Return to General Discussion