Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Weekend plans?

Weekend plans?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:25 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Things have slowed down a bit the past few days...I hope everyone's too busy with summer stuff to waste time sitting in front of the computer!

Anybody grilling this weekend? I'm meeting some friends for dinner tonight at a place with barbecue on the menu so somebody else's cooking for a change, and I'm tailgating at a baseball game Sunday. What's up with everybody else?

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:24 am
Griffin well done
well done

I was told Mrs G's boss is taking us out to dinner, guess I better be on my best behavior. Need to come up with something for tomorrow night, though.

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:09 am
Trollby well done
well done

I have a graduation party Saturday and have to work Sunday :(

So my BBQ weekend is a bust.

Although I did cook up some pork steaks last night, photo's to come

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:22 am
sroach well done
well done

I plan on firing up some lump on Sunday.. Just have to pick something to slap on the grill, So i will be going through some posts for inspiration. Stevens article on ribs has me thinking..

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:28 pm
jayeffel well done
well done

Smoking some beans--"Best Baked Beans on the Planet" style- stick fairly close to recipe, not exactly. May toss on some potatoes then steaks later on. Yeh, I know backwards- lower heat for beans and taters then ramp it up for steaks. :mrgreen:
Chargriller King Griller (Kamado)
Chargriller Duo w/SFB;

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:21 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Introduced my folks to chuck-eye steaks last night and they were blown away. Tonight I'm not sure but I'll likely be grilling something Sunday night (though I don't know yet what it will be). :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:26 am
QJuju well done
well done

I haven't been around as much as I have changed jobs. This is a very good thing, but I don't have the free time I once had at work just yet. :) I am trying to catch up as much as possible on weekends and will post then as well.

As far as weekend plans... well... steaks last night and today... photos will be forthcoming.

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:48 am
BBQ Deputy

Good luck with the career change, Q!

My weekend went pretty much as described, although the "barbecue" I ate Friday night was in dire need of some smoke. :(

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:09 pm
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

CharredGriller wrote:
Introduced my folks to chuck-eye steaks last night and they were blown away. Tonight I'm not sure but I'll likely be grilling something Sunday night (though I don't know yet what it will be). :D

Bah - I had some steaks and chicken to cook last night but just as I went to light the grill it started pouring and kept that up for 1 1/2 hours. I'll cook 'em tonight. :cry:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:33 pm
Grillslinger BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I have to work, but after, I get to cook!

I'm making some amazing smoked poblano cheeseburgers.

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:25 pm
jstewart well done
well done

Driving up to Santa Cruz to bring my youngest son home after graduating, so no cue this weekend :( :( However, I will plan on something starting on Thursday of next week :D :D
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Post Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:23 am
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Market day tomorrow so I'll be busy selling pens and stuff till 4 PM. If that goes well, the plan is to buy some steak and veggies on the way home, then throw them in the fridge and nap. Maybe I'll cook 'em Sunday.

It's the Canada Day long weekend here, though, so I'll be cooking burgers and steaks sometime this weekend for sure. :D

Post Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:44 am
BBQ Deputy

Grillslinger wrote:
I'm making some amazing smoked poblano cheeseburgers.
Those sound good - looking forward to the report!!

Congratulations on your son graduating, Jimmy. Hopefully you're all done paying for him. :wink:

Return to General Discussion