Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Crawfish Jambalaya Stuffed Chicken

Crawfish Jambalaya Stuffed Chicken

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:28 pm
tex_toby well done
well done

I picked up a crawfish jambalaya stuffed chicken from Buc-ees this weekend and tossed it on the grill and cooked indirectly tonight. Can't say I ever thought I would be grilling a gas station chicken and sharing it, but this came out awesome! Buc-ees is doing it right!

I doctored it up with a little Hoochie Mama

On the grill it goes

Money Shot!

tex 8)
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Char-Griller Wrangler w/Side-burner - My camping grill

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:33 am
Griffin well done
well done

Interesting. Looks a lot like one you can get at Central Market or from Moody's Meats back when I lived in Corpus. I think that's where Frank gets his on The Texas BBQ Forum.

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:55 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Looks great, Toby! Sometimes good things can be found in unexpected places!

We have a funky little restaurant here and it has jambalaya and etouffee on the menu. Your post has me thinking that I could pick up an order of either and stuff a chicken at home.

Or maybe I should just send the owner the link to this thread and let him do the work. :lol:

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:30 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

tex_toby wrote:
I picked up a crawfish jambalaya stuffed chicken from Buc-ees this weekend and tossed it on the grill and cooked indirectly tonight. Can't say I ever thought I would be grilling a gas station chicken and sharing it, but this came out awesome! Buc-ees is doing it right!
tex 8)

I didn't even know there was such a thing as a gas station chicken! But that's one mighty fine looking bird, tex! :cheers:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:54 am
tex_toby well done
well done

Well, Bucc-ees IS a gas station, but not your typical gas station. Imagine 60 gas pumps, candy, jerky, sausage, deli, bbq stand, grills, t-shirts, stuffed animals, toys, games, home decor, etc etc etc. Its HUGE. :lol: The closest one to me is about 3 hours from my house, but I can always find a way to spend at least $75 every time I walk in the door.

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:25 pm
sroach well done
well done

That's some fine looking chicken.. and nice job on the asparagus too..

Is this a repeat menu for you Toby?

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:53 pm
tex_toby well done
well done

sroach wrote:
That's some fine looking chicken.. and nice job on the asparagus too..

Is this a repeat menu for you Toby?

Thanks! I'll definitely pick up another chicken or two next time I drive by. They had 5 or 6 different stuffing choices. :)

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:53 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

tex_toby wrote:
Well, Bucc-ees IS a gas station, but not your typical gas station. Imagine 60 gas pumps, candy, jerky, sausage, deli, bbq stand, grills, t-shirts, stuffed animals, toys, games, home decor, etc etc etc. Its HUGE. :lol: The closest one to me is about 3 hours from my house, but I can always find a way to spend at least $75 every time I walk in the door.

Wow - the biggest I've seen is the truck stop halfway from my work to my home, and it's only got 30 pumps. So Bucc-ees is a Texas-sized gas station, then?

It sounds like you couldn't call that little concrete strip where they keep the pumps an "island". I wonder if they'd call it a "peninsula" or a "continent"? :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:42 am
Griffin well done
well done

My cousin recently stopped at a Buc-ee's on the way back from Florida. She said it was a new one and that they had car hop service like you would find at Sonic. Pull up and fill up both your tanks. :lol:

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:41 am
QJuju well done
well done

Wow... That looks amazing!! What a great combo.

Post Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:30 am

I picked up a Boiled Crawfish jambalaya stuffed chicken from Buc-ees this weekend and tossed it on the grill and cooked indirectly tonight. On the menu last week was a Crawfish and Jambalaya Stuffed Chicken a friend picked up at an interstate gas station on the way back from San..thanks
Last edited by lacrawfish on Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:46 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Welcome, Lacrawfish...those sound really good!

I was poking around Bourque's website yesterday and thinking about all the good things I could buy...

Return to General Discussion