Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Father's Day ribeyes

Father's Day ribeyes

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:17 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

First of all, why is it "Father's Day" and not "Fathers' Day"? :?: :lol:

This year I picked up 3 ribeyes and we took them down to my parents' house, but only after I seasoned them the day before and let them rest overnight.

My dad's "Pro Chef" gas grill. I think the outer casting and the cart might be the only original parts left.

But it still puts out enough heat to do a decent job. Clockwise from bottom left: medium-well for him, medium-rare, and rare.

My mom has fancier plates than I do. :lol:

The baked beans were from a can but my mom makes her pasta salad from scratch. She even made some without icky things like cucumber and celery for me!

The weather was terrific and my brother showed up "unexpectedly" (he did appear just as the steaks hit the table), so it was kind of like a Sunday from years ago, before Mrs. Chicken and I had kids. It was definitely a good Fathers' Day!

Post Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:33 am
EddieK1376 well done
well done

Looks great bud!!!!

Post Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Great looking steaks, Brad! My dad's grill is like that too - old, but still serviceable.

Mom and dad still haven't replaced the grilling tools that got "misplaced" (aka. tossed out) a few weeks ago but I cooked on their grill last night and it's amazing what you can do when you need to improvise. :twisted:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:29 pm
sroach well done
well done

Brad! Remind me to come over your house next FD!! WOW!!!!

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:44 am
QJuju well done
well done

Steak looks delicious and perfectly cooked! That's a good fathers day.

Return to General Discussion