Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Fathers Day

Fathers Day

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:16 am
Steven Grilling Guru
Grilling Guru

Hi, everyone! What are you grilling for Fathers Day? (Because if you're like me, you'll get roped into cooking for your own holiday!) Here's my menu for a flame-seared, smoke-blasted Father's Day. Yes, even the martinis have smoke. What's on YOUR grill?

http://barbecuebible.com/2013/06/13/the-ultimate-fathers-day-menu/#.UbsWfZU5ulI

Post Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:39 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That's a good menu but I think the Tucson T-bones and Firecracker Corn would be appreciated only by myself. :(

Mrs. Chicken doesn't have to work until 4pm that day so I think we'll visit my parents for lunch - something from the gas grill!

Post Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:44 am
Griffin well done
well done

I like the sound of that Firecracker Corn. We'll be going to my parents house, lounging around by the pool and I'll be manning the grill. I'm told I'll be cooking fajitas. Think I'll throw some ABTs on as well since my jalapenos need to be picked.

Post Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:21 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I've got my first farmers' market tomorrow so that will determine what veggies I have, but for meat it's going to be kebabs and satays.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:49 pm

Ribs, chicken and "Luther Burgers". Keepin' it simple.

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:09 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

What's a "Luther Burger", Cliff?

Since there'll just be 4 of us at my parents' house I sprung for 3 nice ribeyes: 1 for my dad, 1 for me, and 1 for Mrs. Chicken and my mom to split. My mom's making pasta salad and baked beans as sides so it should be a nice lunch.

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:23 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Cooked up some Lowcountry Boil (AKA Frogmore Stew, Shrimp Boil, etc) for my Dad and brother (who is also a father) earlier today. Not bbq, but it was cooked outside in a turkey fryer. :) Got rave reviews.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:38 am
QJuju well done
well done

I had my steak last night and today I am trying something a little different... more on that later. :)

Post Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:20 am

ScreamingChicken wrote:
What's a "Luther Burger", Cliff?...

It is a bacon cheese burger on a glazed donut :shock:, supposedly created at the request of Luther Vandross, hence the name. I don't know how true that is, I have heard other origination stories, but Luther Burger seems to be the preferred name.

Return to General Discussion