Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion My "McRib" Sandwich

My "McRib" Sandwich

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:10 am
Griffin well done
well done

Turns out I had 4 ribs leftover from Saturday night

Plus a bunch of rib trimmmings from cutting them down to St.Louis style. I smoked these along side the ribs. ONce I got the meat off the ribs and the trimmings, I had a whole plate of meat.

What to do? Warm it up with a bit of sauce and make a "McRib" sandwich out of it.

So much better than McDonalds and at least I knew what was in it. :)

Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:47 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Yes...much more McBetter! :thumbup:

Although after I saw the plate of trimmings I thought for a minute you were going to put them in a food processor, blend them with some sauce, and form some grillable patties. Since the meat's already cooked you could just sear them to crust the outside and heat the center.

Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:35 pm
sroach well done
well done

i wish I could pull in to a drive through and get me one of those...

Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:53 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Mmmmm..., like your resourcefulness there, McGriff! Even got the onion rings on the side! That would make for wonderful sports comfort food. Speaking of sports, who'd ever thunk I'd be rooting for the San Antonio Spurs, but I am now! :cheers:
Got beer???

Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:36 pm
QJuju well done
well done

Ribs are tasty regardless... that looks like one tasty sammich!

Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:59 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Yes...much more McBetter! :thumbup:

Although after I saw the plate of trimmings I thought for a minute you were going to put them in a food processor, blend them with some sauce, and form some grillable patties. Since the meat's already cooked you could just sear them to crust the outside and heat the center.

+1 - that's way McBetter than McD's. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:00 am
Griffin well done
well done

Thank you all for your kind words.

beercuer wrote:
Mmmmm..., like your resourcefulness there, McGriff! Even got the onion rings on the side! That would make for wonderful sports comfort food. Speaking of sports, who'd ever thunk I'd be rooting for the San Antonio Spurs, but I am now! :cheers:

I did, but didn't have the heart to tell you. I just have two things to say:

and...

(Removed by moderators)

Post Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:35 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Sorry - according to the rules of the board I had to remove the second pic as there was profanity in it.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:55 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

I'm guessing it's probably a good thing that I did not get to see what that other thing was. Well, looks like Spurs are off to a great start. On the road, yet!
Got beer???

Post Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:10 am
Griffin well done
well done

CharredGriller wrote:
Sorry - according to the rules of the board I had to remove the second pic as there was profanity in it.

Whoops. Sorry about that. For those that missed it, it was just some pictures of Tim and Lebron, Tim was reminding him of what happened in 2007.

Post Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:40 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Griffin wrote:
CharredGriller wrote:

Whoops. Sorry about that. For those that missed it, it was just some pictures of Tim and Lebron, Tim was reminding him of what happened in 2007.

Oh, I can live with and support that. I admit I feared it might have been a slam against one of my teams. :D
Got beer???

Post Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:02 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Nice! I had some Rib leftovers on Monday...should have done this with them instead! Next time....
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:48 pm
badabing medium
medium

Ohhh Yeah! :D
If you grill it, they will come.

Return to General Discussion