Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Introduce yourself! What does your username say about you?

Introduce yourself! What does your username say about you?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:22 pm
jayeffel well done
well done

I hope I can expand my cueing skills and maybe contribute something to the forum.

Glad to have you onboard. Sounds like you may have a lot to share. :bbq:
Chargriller King Griller (Kamado)
Chargriller Duo w/SFB;

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

KJUNQUE wrote:
Hello everyone from The Heart Of Acadiana. I'm happy to be on board. I would like to thank beercuer for telling me about this forum. I hope I can expand my cueing skills and maybe contribute something to the forum. I guess it's not hard to figure out my username. It's a play on my heritage as a Cajun from south Louisiana. My family has been in this area for generations and I have spent my whole life here. Louisiana is kind of a no mans land of barbecue without any strong traditions. I guess that's why I usually try to put a Cajun spin on what I cook. Don't get me wrong I love to try to recreate a Texas brisket or some pulled pork from North Carolina or any other regional specialty. well that's enough rambling for now. I hope to meet everyone as time goes along.

KJ!!! My joy is full that you are here, brother! Image

You bring some definite Cajun authenticity (as well as some awesome Pitmaster skills). Please make yourself feel at home here, like you have been here all along. And in case you are interested, CharredGriller just completed composing a tutorial on installing an avatar to your username here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24407

Very much looking forward to your posts. :D :cheers:
Got beer???

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Welcome, Kjunque!

QJuju well done
well done

Welcome Kjunque!! We wont hold beercuer against you! :lol: :lol: :twisted: I am looking forward to seeing the Cajun influence on Barbecue as they are some of my favorite flavors.

KJUNQUE rare
rare

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. :cheers:
My Friends Call Me KJ.

Cajun Grill
WSM 22.5
Homemade UDS
Crown Verity Gas Grill
Sausage Maker Smokehouse

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

QJuju wrote:
Welcome Kjunque!! We wont hold beercuer against you! :lol: :lol: :twisted: I am looking forward to seeing the Cajun influence on Barbecue as they are some of my favorite flavors.

I heard that! Image
Got beer???

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Welcome to the board, KJUNQUE! :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

archer75 raw
raw

Been lurking here for years and have learned so much. I own a char griller with offset fire box and also a Traeger Texas pellet smoker. I used to have a natural gas BBQ but got rid of it in favor of these other two BBQ's.

I've smoked about 4 briskets in my life and they get better every time. I've done many pork shoulders, whole chickens and chicken/pork parts and a few racks of ribs. I'm smoking or grilling at least once a week year round.

As to my username it's just something I came up with back when Tribes 2 came out and i've been using it ever since. Doesn't really mean anything.

In addition to my BBQ hobby I also brew beer pretty regularly and currently have 6 kegs on tap.

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

archer75 wrote:
Been lurking here for years and have learned so much. I own a char griller with offset fire box and also a Traeger Texas pellet smoker. I used to have a natural gas BBQ but got rid of it in favor of these other two BBQ's.

I've smoked about 4 briskets in my life and they get better every time. I've done many pork shoulders, whole chickens and chicken/pork parts and a few racks of ribs. I'm smoking or grilling at least once a week year round.

As to my username it's just something I came up with back when Tribes 2 came out and i've been using it ever since. Doesn't really mean anything.

In addition to my BBQ hobby I also brew beer pretty regularly and currently have 6 kegs on tap.

Welcome officially to the board, Archer75! :D

There are a number of us here who either appreciate andor brew great beer here too.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

archer75 wrote:

Big welcome, Archer! So happy you signed in! Another CG fan right here. Since you are one who appreciates the fine qualities of a good brew, I hope and look to see you in our beer thread as well, here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24284
Got beer???

QJuju well done
well done

Welcome Archer... keep smoking those briskets!

wiseguy User avatar
medium-well
medium-well

Welcome aboard Archer. I'm a newbie homebrewer hope to read some post from you in our "Your Favorite Beer for the Pit" thread.

wiseguy User avatar
medium-well
medium-well

Welcome aboard KJUNQUE.

TheSauce raw
raw

I love to grill and barbecue but I also love to mix ingredients into a delicious sauce or rub or flavored whatever. I have a shelf full of really nice store-bought rubs and sauces that get ignored because I always end up making my own.

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

TheSauce wrote:
I love to grill and barbecue but I also love to mix ingredients into a delicious sauce or rub or flavored whatever. I have a shelf full of really nice store-bought rubs and sauces that get ignored because I always end up making my own.

Welcome here, TheSauce! Image

Well, your name certainly seems to fit you quite well then! I also regard having just the right sauce being so important on many things. And it's fun to be creative and experiment. Lately, I've given thought to making up a new hot sauce by incorporating chipotle, cayenne, and habanero peppers. Looking forward to more of your posts! :D
Got beer???

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion