Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion My Memorial Day

My Memorial Day

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri May 31, 2013 10:43 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

After taking care of various family and holiday activities last Saturday and Sunday we were able to spend Monday at home, so I grilled some Jucy Lucys for lunch and a couple of porterhouse steaks for dinner.

For the burgers I started by lightly cooking and then cutting up some bacon, which then went into the burgers with some garlic & dill cheddar cheese. Each Jucy Lucy was made from 8 ounces of ground beef and after pressing the patties together I wrapped them with bacon strips.
Image Image
Image Image

Then it was off to a hot grill. Too bad the nice grill marks got covered by a piece of cheese!
Image Image

I was very happy with the results but a little surprised that the cheese, which has good but not overpowering flavor by itself, wasn't as noticeable as I thought it would be. I guess I should've used more!

After lunch we worked up our dinner appetites by mowing the lawn but it still took until almost 7pm to be hungry again. The night before I had seasoned the steaks with salt, pepper, and some garlic powder.
Image Image

The steaks were a nice end to the weekend and there were even enough leftovers for lunch the next day.

Post Fri May 31, 2013 11:03 am
QJuju well done
well done

That looks darn tasty... I've never tried a juicy Lucy. Based on those I am definitely missing out!

Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:41 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Way to go gourmet, Brad! I'm in luuuv with your Juicy Lucy especially. Such a brilliant idea with the bacon, and the patties look beautifull on the grill like that as well. Have you spied any herbed monster cheese and how would that work? :D
Got beer???

Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:46 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Nice-looking grub, Brad! I love bacon on (or in!) any burger - it just seems to complete the taste for me.

As for the cheese, that's why I stick to really strong stuff like extra-old cheddar, shaved asiago, parmesan, pecorino romano, or even Danish blue cheese. That way I know I'm going to taste it. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:52 am
BBQ Deputy

beercuer wrote:
Have you spied any herbed monster cheese and how would that work? :D
It'd probably work well but I don't recall ever seeing it, at least not recently. The local cheese store doesn't show it on its website so if it exists it might be a pretty limited item.

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:12 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

ScreamingChicken wrote:
beercuer wrote:
Have you spied any herbed monster cheese and how would that work? :D
It'd probably work well but I don't recall ever seeing it, at least not recently. The local cheese store doesn't show it on its website so if it exists it might be a pretty limited item.

What`s a "monster cheese"?
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:25 pm
BBQ Deputy

Muenster. Or a really big wheel. :lol:

Return to General Discussion