Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Your Favorite Beer for the Pit?

Your Favorite Beer for the Pit?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu May 30, 2013 2:13 pm
Trollby well done
well done

Post Thu May 30, 2013 2:28 pm
Wolfpackbbq well done
well done

I think my brew stand will be based on this one. I like the footprint when storing

http://rubystreetbrewing.com/tp40/page.asp?id=263057

Post Thu May 30, 2013 2:34 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

wiseguy wrote:
:cheers: Beercuer you have been on a mission finding new brew. I did a search on that beer it is from the Pabst brewing company it is 4.6 ABV. From my research this is the recomended food pairings for that beer. Cuisine (Barbecue, Indian, Latin American, Thai, Pan Asian) Cheese (peppery; Monterey / Pepper Jack)
:bbq:

Thanks, Wiseguy! That food pairing sure makes perfect sense to me. :cheers:
Got beer???

Post Thu May 30, 2013 2:59 pm
wiseguy User avatar
medium-well
medium-well

Wolfpackbbq wrote:
I think my brew stand will be based on this one. I like the footprint when storing

http://rubystreetbrewing.com/tp40/page.asp?id=263057

I plan on buying this http://www.amazon.com/King-Kooker-94-90TKD-Dual-Burner/dp/B00264G584/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1369940086&sr=8-4&keywords=king+kooker good price and if you look at some of the customer photos it is easy to modify for home brewing. :cheers:

Post Fri May 31, 2013 9:27 am
Jackalope well done
well done

Those getups are awesome!!! :D I want directions to the next festival....

Post Fri May 31, 2013 6:12 pm
scorched_porch User avatar
well done
well done

Geez. I figured I'd just see a bunch of specialty and micro brew beers in here. Remembering where I am, I should have known. Anyhow, I like a good Sierra Nevada. Haven't gotten to the point of mucking with beer making equipment. Maybe someday, but I'd have to give up something else. No room for another obsession!
Argentine Grill
WSM, Pit Barrel Cooker
http://thequinchoproject.wordpress.com/

Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:28 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Thanks for your continued input, Comrades! I'm back with another one. It's called RedTrolley Ale, handcrafted by Karl Strauss Brewing Company in good ol' San Diego, Californy. Won the Gold in the World Beer Cup for 2010 and 2012. 5.8% alcohol. Call it an Irish Red, if you will, and it is brewed with caramel malts.

I'm thinking for those of you who enjoy George Killians, you[ll enjoy this all the more! I've got to make this one of my go to's! Fantastic! A bit more refined and greater depth and body is my assessment. And don't be deceived by how little head this produces. Nothing flat in the taste. One potential caveat, however-- It's got the kick of a jackass. Image

Got beer???

Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:12 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

beercuer wrote:
Thanks for your continued input, Comrades! I'm back with another one. It's called RedTrolley Ale, handcrafted by Karl Strauss Brewing Company in good ol' San Diego, Californy. Won the Gold in the World Beer Cup for 2010 and 2012. 5.8% alcohol. Call it an Irish Red, if you will, and it is brewed with caramel malts.

I'm thinking for those of you who enjoy George Killians, you[ll enjoy this all the more! I've got to make this one of my go to's! Fantastic! A bit more refined and greater depth and body is my assessment. And don't be deceived by how little head this produces. Nothing flat in the taste. One potential caveat, however-- It's got the kick of a jackass. Image

Now this beer I am very familiar with. It's one of my top 20 favorite beers and I buy a 6-pack of it regularly. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:26 pm
Wolfpackbbq well done
well done

You guys may enjoy looking around the BJCP (Beer Judge Certification Program) website. You can find the style beer you are drinking and see what it should taste like. You can also download a score sheet and score your beers.

http://www.bjcp.org/index.php

Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:48 pm
KJUNQUE rare
rare

This is my favorite period. I can't actually remember when I first had an Andy Gator but ever since then I have been hooked. It is brewed by Abita Brewery in Abita Springs, LA.

Hey I'm not beer expert so I will let their website tell you about it.

Abita Andygator®, a creature of the swamp, is a unique, high-gravity brew made with pale malt, German lager yeast, and German Perle hops. Unlike other high-gravity brews, Andygator® is fermented to a dry finish with a slightly sweet flavor and subtle fruit aroma. Reaching an alcohol strength of 8% by volume, it is a Helles Doppelbock. You might find it goes well with fried foods. It pairs well with just about anything made with crawfish. Some like it with a robust sandwich. Andygator® is also a good aperitif and easily pairs with Gorgonzola and creamy blue cheeses. Because of the high alcohol content, be cautious — sip it for the most enjoyment.

Suggested temperature: 42°
Suggested glassware: pint, goblet, stein, flute or snifter

Beer Profile
ABV 8.0%; IBU 25; Color 8; Packaging 22oz Bottle
My Friends Call Me KJ.

Cajun Grill
WSM 22.5
Homemade UDS
Crown Verity Gas Grill
Sausage Maker Smokehouse

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:28 am
wiseguy User avatar
medium-well
medium-well

My wife is a fan of Abita's Purple Haze. :cheers:

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:27 am
wiseguy User avatar
medium-well
medium-well

One of my go to summer beers from a local brewery. River Horse Double wit it's an unfiltered Belgium style ale 7% ABV I had one today with some Beercuer inspired pizzadillas.

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:34 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

CharredGriller wrote:
Now this beer I am very familiar with. It's one of my top 20 favorite beers and I buy a 6-pack of it regularly. :D

Once again, you and I are in tune, CG. I am actually amazed you can find it... I'll be. :D

Wolfpack wrote:
You guys may enjoy looking around the BJCP (Beer Judge Certification Program) website. You can find the style beer you are drinking and see what it should taste like. You can also download a score sheet and score your beers.

http://www.bjcp.org/index.php

Thank you most kindly for sharing that link with us, Wolfpack. Most interesting. Must give this some thought. :D

KJUNQUE wrote:
This is my favorite period. I can't actually remember when I first had an Andy Gator but ever since then I have been hooked. It is brewed by Abita Brewery in Abita Springs, LA.

Hey I'm not beer expert so I will let their website tell you about it.

Abita Andygator®, a creature of the swamp, is a unique, high-gravity brew made with pale malt, German lager yeast, and German Perle hops. Unlike other high-gravity brews, Andygator® is fermented to a dry finish with a slightly sweet flavor and subtle fruit aroma. Reaching an alcohol strength of 8% by volume, it is a Helles Doppelbock. You might find it goes well with fried foods. It pairs well with just about anything made with crawfish. Some like it with a robust sandwich. Andygator® is also a good aperitif and easily pairs with Gorgonzola and creamy blue cheeses. Because of the high alcohol content, be cautious — sip it for the most enjoyment.

Suggested temperature: 42°
Suggested glassware: pint, goblet, stein, flute or snifter

Beer Profile
ABV 8.0%; IBU 25; Color 8; Packaging 22oz Bottle

Oh my, I guess that's a real tail kicker, yes KJ? At 8%, and they do forewarn ya. I'm going to look for that. :D
Got beer???

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:47 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

wiseguy wrote:
My wife is a fan of Abita's Purple Haze. :cheers:
Turbodog's pretty good, too. A local restaurant that specializes in Louisiana/Cajun food often has it on tap.

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:59 am
KJUNQUE rare
rare

beercuer wrote:
Oh my, I guess that's a real tail kicker, yes KJ? At 8%, and they do forewarn ya. I'm going to look for that. :D

It does pack a punch, and it goes down so easy you have to be careful with it.
My Friends Call Me KJ.

Cajun Grill
WSM 22.5
Homemade UDS
Crown Verity Gas Grill
Sausage Maker Smokehouse

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion