Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Brisket... Leftover and Fresh

Brisket... Leftover and Fresh

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri May 31, 2013 6:14 am
QJuju well done
well done

I had a bit of point leftover from a Derby Day cook and heated it up for dinner. I didn't post the original, so here is the leftover. We just heated it up with a little au jus... tasty!

Do you know what the trouble with leftover brisket is?

You want another!! :shock:

So I did one fresh. Both of these are S&P only and I used pecan on the first and mesquite on the second. Absolutely my favorite barbecue.

It was so good I didn't get a single plated picture. We had a great meal and now I have leftovers again.

Anyone else like an Alabama white sauce with their brisket?

Post Fri May 31, 2013 8:25 am
sroach well done
well done

Qjuju,

Did the second one even make it to the plate? Wow that looked like a winner!!!

Post Fri May 31, 2013 8:45 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

No kidding! Why bother plating when you can eat it straight from the cutting board! :thumbup:

I've never tried an Alabama white sauce with beef but I don't see why it couldn't be good, since (for me, anyway) most of the flavor exchange occurs between the smoke, bark, and sauce.

Post Fri May 31, 2013 8:58 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Wow, that looks amazing! Alabama white sauce sounds perfect! Never tried it before on brisket, but it sounds like a great idea.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Fri May 31, 2013 9:57 am
Griffin well done
well done

Looks frickin' fantabuloso!! White sauce on a brisket? Get a rope. Just kidding. NEver thought about it before.

And I'm convinced on the salt and pepper only for brisket now.

Post Fri May 31, 2013 11:19 am
QJuju well done
well done

Griffin wrote:
White sauce on a brisket? Get a rope. Just kidding.

:lol: :lol: I didn't say I preferred it... Actually I prefer it just as you see it. I started making the horseradish driven Alabama white sauce for clod, like a poor man's prime rib, and made it for the brisket too. We had guests and some people expect sauce with Q and I don't make any red sauces any more nor purchase any either.

And to answer a couple of the questions not all of it made it to a plate before consumption. :wink: I think some might have jumped off the board after dinner too. :lol:

Post Fri May 31, 2013 12:02 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

QJuju wrote:
I had a bit of point leftover from a Derby Day cook and heated it up for dinner. I didn't post the original, so here is the leftover. We just heated it up with a little au jus... tasty!

It was so good I didn't get a single plated picture. We had a great meal and now I have leftovers again.

Anyone else like an Alabama white sauce with their brisket?

Wow - even the leftovers look good, QJuju! And yes - I like Alabama white sauce with my brisket. In fact, it's usually my first choice for most kinds of slow-smoked beef.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:28 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: There's some million dollar looking brisket. Excuse me while I eat! Image
Got beer???

Return to General Discussion