Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Pork Chops and Brussels Sprouts

Pork Chops and Brussels Sprouts

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri May 31, 2013 6:31 am
QJuju well done
well done

Inspired by Jim's recent post of the cast iron grate for the Egg and someone elses post on Brussels sprouts, sorry I do not recall the post and the forum is running pretty slow atm, I wanted to prepare my version and of course you need grilled onions! So I got the CI griddle and all the ingredients together. Here is the progress...

Everything is better with bacon...

and onions grilled in bacon grease is even better...

Then everything went into a grill pan and got tossed a bit before the chops went on. I just seasoned the chops with my version of seasoned salt. Did you know the second ingredient in Lowery's Seasoned salt is sugar? I digress...

Add a couple deviled eggs, some fresh slaw, and dinner is good to go. A really quick and tasty meal...

Thanks for looking and grill those chops!

Post Fri May 31, 2013 7:41 am
sroach well done
well done

Ahh that's a mighty fine plate you got there sir!!

Something awesome about grilled veggies that make them taste soooo good. and those sprouts look awesome.

Post Fri May 31, 2013 8:48 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

sroach wrote:
Something awesome about grilled veggies that make them taste soooo good.
And so much different than if they were boiled or steamed! Even roasting in the oven or a pan makes a big difference.

Nice job, Q! I haven't grilled sprouts for a long time...that needs to change.

Post Fri May 31, 2013 8:56 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Awesome! We have Brussel Sprouts in the fridge. I've been wanting to try them again every since seeing Griffin's post awhile back. My wife fears them though, so I've been putting it off. :lol:
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Fri May 31, 2013 10:00 am
Griffin well done
well done

That plated up pics looks divine, Qjuju. Just recently discovered I liked sprouts. Got any more of them deviled eggs? :mrgreen:

Post Fri May 31, 2013 11:09 am
QJuju well done
well done

Dyal_SC wrote:
I've been wanting to try them again every since seeing Griffin's post awhile back.

So it was Griffin... I didn't recall. He flung a craving on me too! :wink: You should fire them up and the missus might stop fearing them as well.

Griffin... I always have more deviled eggs. :) Those were just the ones that fit on the plate. :lol:

Post Fri May 31, 2013 1:16 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Man alive, that's a good-looking meal, QJuju! I don't often grill brussels sprouts, but the recent posts this season have given me a lot more incentive to do this.

In fact, I think I'll clear off a garden bed and plant some next weekend, too as I really enjoy them but can't always find the good ones in the store.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:47 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

I'm ba-ack...Most magnificent and colorful eye candy cookout, Qjuju! Now to eat! Image

Oh yeah, baby! That's what I'm talkin' about! :D
Got beer???

Return to General Discussion