Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Wok on the BGE (Griff's fault)

Wok on the BGE (Griff's fault)

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed May 29, 2013 8:47 pm
sroach well done
well done

I am finally getting around to trying my wok spider, a month or so ago purchased a spider, I was searching google and I found Griffin's Grub blog and his blog post on a stir fry he did which looked awesome. We do a fair amount of woking in the house so a chance to move it outside? Even better.

As with any stir fry getting everything ready is the key. Because you will be moving fast..

I had the wife cook up some rice before I got home, so just need to heat that up:

Now that the rice is warm let's get the beef a cooking.. Beef was marinated in veggie oil, Sesame Oil, Garlic, and ginger

Let it sear a bit then finish it off

Now that the meat is ready, toss in the peppers and onions

a quick minute or two on the veggies and we are ready to toss in the sauce and let it thicken up. Beef Broth, Cornstarch, Soy Sauce, Oyster sauce, Red Pepper flake, and Sesame Oil

The above took about 5 minutes, it take twice as long bringing the egg to temperature then cooking the actually stir fry.

Post Thu May 30, 2013 2:54 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Yowza!!-- Marvelous cookout there, Steve with all the bright colors and such! Both wholesome and delicious looking. 5 minutes ain't much time to settle into your beer, is it? You make it all the more appealing to me with your inclusion of sesame oil. That stuff sure does put on a nice twist on the flavors. And beautiful lawn by the way. :cheers:
Got beer???

Post Thu May 30, 2013 7:54 am
Griffin well done
well done

I'm glad for once that its my fault and its not a bad thing. I was just telling the wifey its been a too long since we dragged the wok out. You may have inspired us right back. :cheers:

Post Thu May 30, 2013 9:43 am
sroach well done
well done

beercuer wrote:
Yowza!!-- Marvelous cookout there, Steve with all the bright colors and such! Both wholesome and delicious looking. 5 minutes ain't much time to settle into your beer, is it? You make it all the more appealing to me with your inclusion of sesame oil. That stuff sure does put on a nice twist on the flavors. And beautiful lawn by the way. :cheers:

Come on now BC, you crack open a beer before you get the egg lit, and then one while eating.. I had to have a glass of iced tea while cooking, the sun was beating down just in the right spot to get between the two trees that provide shade.

Ahh, I am glad the lawn looks good from that shot, over all it needs some help.. LOL

Griffin wrote:
I'm glad for once that its my fault and its not a bad thing. I was just telling the wifey its been a too long since we dragged the wok out. You may have inspired us right back.

I am glad I did, I find it much easier then using the wok indoors, the ring holds the wok perfectly and you are free to just stir away.

Post Thu May 30, 2013 10:32 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Looks great, Roach! But where's the homemade fortune cookie? :wink:

Post Thu May 30, 2013 12:09 pm
QJuju well done
well done

Great looking stir-fry... That can be addictive for sure.

Post Thu May 30, 2013 3:44 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Nicely done, roach! :cheers:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Fri May 31, 2013 8:36 am
sroach well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Looks great, Roach! But where's the homemade fortune cookie? :wink:

SC, what do you think I am as good as Smokin' Gal? Come on now..

Post Fri May 31, 2013 8:59 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Looks outstanding and +1 on the lawn! Wish my lawn looked like that. :)
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:20 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

I'm curious, Steve. Have you ever tried Spice Islands "Thai Seasoning" in your stir fry? I really, really like that stuff myself. I was so delighted to discover it. :D
Got beer???

Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:28 pm
sroach well done
well done

beercuer wrote:
I'm curious, Steve. Have you ever tried Spice Islands "Thai Seasoning" in your stir fry? I really, really like that stuff myself. I was so delighted to discover it. :D

No, but it's on my list now.. Thanks BC, I will keep a look out for that.

Dyal_SC wrote:
Looks outstanding and +1 on the lawn! Wish my lawn looked like that.

Believe me Dyal, that's one little section after a cut, that picture makes it look a lot nicer then it is.

But thank you.

Return to General Discussion