Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion National Burger Day Submission (Pix)

National Burger Day Submission (Pix)

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue May 28, 2013 12:20 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

As Christine mentioned, today is National Burger Day. So here is my submission to honor the occasion. I decided to go a bit Hawaiian style with this one. First, let me share with you the brew that accompanied me on this cook. It is called Primo Bombucha. I'll post it again with the details of it later in the beer thread. You'll see what kind of influence it exerted in my results.

Next, you might wish to see the wonderful sauce with which I used to glaze the patties and buns. Who else has tried it?

I used ground pork for this one, and went indirect. Direct grilled some "char-amelized" red onion as well.

Here you get to see the first instance of where I "bombucha'd" my cook. Oooops, I toasted my buns just a wee bit more than I wanted. Gratefully, machs nichts, cause it did not put the hurt to the taste. You can see how I spread some of that Kona glaze with the sesame seeds on the buns, and I topped the patties with Deluxe American cheese.

First plating with sweet potato fries.

Bombucha #2... Somehow I managed to smear my lens again, Doh! I've got to get with Canada's idea and get some of those removable UV filters pronto. Anyway, here's the zoom-in. You can see that I also included a lovely slice of pineapple.

And finally, a little more cross-sectional analysis. What a wonderful Island treat and get away this one was! Mahalo, Brahs! :cheers:

Got beer???

Post Tue May 28, 2013 1:05 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Nice looking burgers, BC! Too bad about the buns, though. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Tue May 28, 2013 2:18 pm
QJuju well done
well done

I think your lens might have drooled just a bit! :shock:

Post Tue May 28, 2013 10:57 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

CanadaBBQGuy wrote:
Nice looking burgers, BC! Too bad about the buns, though. :D

Thank you CBG :D I'll just score that one up for Bombucha!

Qjuju wrote:
I think your lens might have drooled just a bit!

:lol: Brother, I :heart: the way you worded that, Qjuju! So witty, most kind. :D
Got beer???

Post Wed May 29, 2013 8:37 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

With the Hawaiian theme you should've made Spamburgers but I guess ground pork is close enough. :wink: I like the idea of the sesame seeds, too.

Post Wed May 29, 2013 8:49 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
With the Hawaiian theme you should've made Spamburgers but I guess ground pork is close enough. :wink: I like the idea of the sesame seeds, too.

I'll have some more Hawaiian entrees on the way, so maybe yet... :D
Got beer???

Post Wed May 29, 2013 9:53 am
tex_toby well done
well done

GIMME SUM! :) You did National Burger Day proud, my friend! :thumbup:
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Char-Griller Wrangler w/Side-burner - My camping grill

Post Wed May 29, 2013 10:27 am
Griffin well done
well done

Great looking burger. We did some plain ole American style bacon cheeseburgers last night for Natl. Burger Day. I didn't even bother to snap any pictures of them cooking or my burger. I had to go and steal this off my wife's Facebook page (yeah, I've converted her from looking at me funny for taking pictures to her taking her own now.) Simple 1/3lb burgers with two slices of American cheese some bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and onions. Nothing fancy, but oh so good. Hope you don't mind me jumping in on your thread.

Post Thu May 30, 2013 2:05 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Toby-- Thanks brother! Delighted you approve so. :cheers:

Griffin wrote:
Great looking burger. We did some plain ole American style bacon cheeseburgers last night for Natl. Burger Day. I didn't even bother to snap any pictures of them cooking or my burger. I had to go and steal this off my wife's Facebook page (yeah, I've converted her from looking at me funny for taking pictures to her taking her own now.) Simple 1/3lb burgers with two slices of American cheese some bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and onions. Nothing fancy, but oh so good. Hope you don't mind me jumping in on your thread.

:lol: How cool is that?! 8) ... I wish I had someone to shoot my photos (and then someone to upload 'em). I see you have the most excellent representative of National Burger Day-- You've got the whole works, the "full monty." You're most welcome in my thread anytime, Griff. :cheers:
Got beer???

Post Thu May 30, 2013 8:00 am
Griffin well done
well done

The truth is when she gets really invovled and pulls out the big camera (I think that was an iPhone pic), her photography blows mine away. I wish she would take pictures for me more often.

Post Thu May 30, 2013 9:36 am
sroach well done
well done

I wish could convert the wife in to taking pics, she just laughs at me..

Nice looking burgers both of you guys.

Post Thu May 30, 2013 10:37 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

You and Mrs. G make a good team, Griffin - that's a great burger!

Post Fri May 31, 2013 1:54 am
christinebbqb medium-rare
medium-rare

All I have to say is, yum, yum, yum, yum ... fantastic burger creations and pics beercuer and Griffiin :bbq:

Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:57 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

christinebbqb wrote:
All I have to say is, yum, yum, yum, yum ... fantastic burger creations and pics beercuer and Griffiin :bbq:

Most kind, thank you, Christine! :D
Got beer???

Return to General Discussion