Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Uploading photos

Uploading photos

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon May 27, 2013 2:51 pm

Is there an easy way to upload photos using my iPhone/ipad. I'm having trouble getting them to the right file size!

Thanks

Ang

Post Tue May 28, 2013 8:33 am
jfm0830 well done
well done

First off, welcome to the board!

I have an iPad which I use for maybe 90 percent of the tasks I used to do on my laptop. Uploading photos to this board or my website is one of the few things I still do on my laptop. Because the file system is hidden from the user on the iPad it makes this task quite a bit harder than on a laptop. On my laptop I simply export the selected files at my desired resolution for use here. Getting the files on here is also easier for the same reason. Now I used to use ImageShack to host the photos I posted here, but I now host them where my website is hosted. So it has been a while since I used a host like Photo Bucket or ImageShack, but if you use one of these services you might want to check to see if they offer an iPad app to help you with these tasks.

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Post Tue May 28, 2013 9:02 am
sroach well done
well done

Imageshack has an app that is suppose to be able to upload right from the iPhone/iPad. I haven't been able to get it to work though.

Post Tue May 28, 2013 12:43 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I use Photobucket, and anytime you open a pic it autogenerates a few tags. Click on the blank for the tag and it copies it, and then you can paste it into your post.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion