Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Memorial Day grilling & barbecuing?

Memorial Day grilling & barbecuing?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri May 24, 2013 8:49 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Along with July 4 and Labor Day, Memorial Day is one of the big three holidays for grilling, barbecuing, and just generally being outside here in the USA. Let's hear those plans!

Monday will be my chance to do any significant cooking and I'm thinking of whipping up some steaks and maybe a side dish or two for dinner that night. I also have plans for some burgers, so maybe we'll have those for lunch after getting the lawn cut. Tomorrow I'm tailgating in Milwaukee so that'll just be some sausages and Sunday we'll be at my brother-in-law's, where apparently he's going to be doing the grilling.

Post Fri May 24, 2013 9:02 am
wiseguy User avatar
medium-well
medium-well

No real plans this weekend also rain in the forecast. I'll probably grill some sausages and pizza.
:bbq:

Post Fri May 24, 2013 10:26 pm
SteveQC rare
rare

This week end is a normal one for us here in Quebec, but last week-end was 3 days long.

On monday, i did, 2 small baby back rib rack with an homemade dr pepper bbq sauce, oone chicken on the rotisserie,and one half boneless turkey breast for my sandwiches of this week. Prety nice after noon!
Steve

Weber kettle 22", Broil King Crown 90

Post Sat May 25, 2013 12:19 am
jhumpert well done
well done

Hey everybody, it has been a while since I got a chance to do any smoking or get on here but that is changing this weekend. my Father in law was helping my brother in law doze out some trees and he told me they had some cherry trees that were in the bunch that were being dozed out. So I had him get me some to work with and I have big plans for them tomorrow.

For me my plans include 2 pork butts and I have never smoked a chicken so I have a whole chicken in the fridge right now. 1 butt is rubbed with Dizzy Pig Dizzy Dust and the other is rubbed with Emeril's Essence. The chicken is rubbed with essence as well. I am just hoping that the amount of essence I used will not make these too spicy to eat. With some of the pork I am planning on doing some Pulled pork eggrolls and also vacuum pack some if there is any left.
Jeff,
Green Mountain Grills Jim Bowie Pellet Smoker - TBD
Pit Barrel Cooker- Barry

Post Sat May 25, 2013 2:38 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Sounds like you guys got some wonderful things going on. :bbq: I'll be looking to reflectively honor the meaning of the holiday while also honoring and keeping the Q tradition. The crazy thing is my food choices. Unless something happens, I'm on track to do a German style meatloaf and some Hawaaian style beef. How did that happen??? Best to all. :cheers:
Got beer???

Post Sat May 25, 2013 9:16 pm
jayeffel well done
well done

Well, since I have a CG trio that needs a little bit of tlc , and a CG KingGriller (read Akorn) that just got re-seasoned today (just bought it via Craigslist so may be first seasoning!); I'll be using my dads gas grill to heat up burgers and hot dogs..
Chargriller King Griller (Kamado)
Chargriller Duo w/SFB;

Return to General Discussion