Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Fish Taco's

Fish Taco's

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue May 21, 2013 9:04 pm
sroach well done
well done

Beercuer got me thinking about some seafood for dinner, so I pulled together one of my all time favorite meals. Fish Tacos.

Started with two swordfish steaks and marinaded them in Olive Oil, Lemon, Garlic, Cilantro, Adobo, Chili powder, salt & pepper.

Next I whipped together a little mayo, lime, cilantro, mayo and Chipotle Peppers in Adobo sauce.

While I was getting the egg ready, my wife sliced up some Tomatoes, Salt & Pepper, Balsamic then topped with fresh Mozzarella.

Out to the grill, 5 minutes on both side and toss on the corn tortilla's.

Time to plate these bad boys up and get to eating:

Post Tue May 21, 2013 9:09 pm
tex_toby well done
well done

Winner Winner, Taco Dinner!
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Char-Griller Wrangler w/Side-burner - My camping grill

Post Wed May 22, 2013 2:24 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

You know what comes to my mind when I read what you did to prepare those and look at those pics?-- the perfect fish taco. Man, those are inspried, Sroach! I'll take all eight, please. I bet they was extra special with the swordfish rather than the usual, say, tilapia. :D 8) :thumbup:
Got beer???

Post Wed May 22, 2013 7:40 am
QJuju well done
well done

You just nailed two of my favorite things... fish tacos and insalata caprese. I bet the swordfish was wonderful that way. Around here everyone wants to put tilapia in them except for Indigo Joe's, now closed, and they used mahi mahi.

Nice meal and well done!

Post Wed May 22, 2013 8:28 am
sroach well done
well done

beercuer wrote:
You know what comes to my mind when I read what you did to prepare those and look at those pics?-- the perfect fish taco. Man, those are inspried, Sroach! I'll take all eight, please. I bet they was extra special with the swordfish rather than the usual, say, tilapia. :D 8) :thumbup:

hahaha, Thanks BC, the one thing I forgot were some tomatoes on the taco's and I need to come up with a new sauce for the taco, I am growing sick of this mayo based one.

8 coming up...

Qjuju wrote:
You just nailed two of my favorite things... fish tacos and insalata caprese. I bet the swordfish was wonderful that way. Around here everyone wants to put tilapia in them except for Indigo Joe's, now closed, and they used mahi mahi.

Nice meal and well done!

I agree 100% Q, we usually go with Tilapia, but it was time to try some other fishes for the tacos. Mahi Mahi is a great choice as well. I'll tell you the sword fish steak was nice because you could get a nice slice of the meat (long ways cut) that was almost the size of the tortilla.

Post Wed May 22, 2013 2:53 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

sroach wrote:
beercuer wrote:

hahaha, Thanks BC, the one thing I forgot were some tomatoes on the taco's and I need to come up with a new sauce for the taco, I am growing sick of this mayo based one. ...

Sroach, have you ever tried crema mexicana? If you are tired of the mayo base, you might find the crema really, really hits the spot. :)
Got beer???

Post Wed May 22, 2013 3:33 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Mmmmmm. Fish tacos - nice! :cheers:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Thu May 23, 2013 7:36 am
sroach well done
well done

beercuer wrote:
Sroach, have you ever tried crema mexicana? If you are tired of the mayo base, you might find the crema really, really hits the spot. :)

I haven't, but I have a couple places near me I know would sell it. BC, do you use that as a taco "sauce" or as an additional topping?

Post Thu May 23, 2013 7:37 am
sroach well done
well done

tex_toby wrote:
Winner Winner, Taco Dinner!

TEX, Not sure how I missed this.. LOL.. I am cracking up at my desk after I read that. I am hearing it in Charlie Sheen's voice and cracking up.

Post Thu May 23, 2013 9:00 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Nice job, Steve - I'll bet the swordfish would've been great even without the taco fixin's!

Post Thu May 23, 2013 7:43 pm
sroach well done
well done

Thanks SC,

I would agree, I might have to make a couple swordfish steaks for dinner one night with out the taco!

Post Fri May 24, 2013 4:09 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

sroach wrote:
beercuer wrote:

I haven't, but I have a couple places near me I know would sell it. BC, do you use that as a taco "sauce" or as an additional topping?

I use it both ways, but when it comes to fish tacos, I ordinarily mix it into the shredded cabbage or roamaine lettuce-- kinda like a cole slaw all dressed up. Wonderful cooling and soothing effect from all the hot sauce with which I blast the taco. :D :cheers:
Got beer???

Return to General Discussion