Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Traveling the BBQ Trail!

Traveling the BBQ Trail!

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon May 20, 2013 9:36 pm
sroach well done
well done

Dyal

This is a banner trip to Austin for you.. it's an eat-fest..

Post Mon May 20, 2013 10:04 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

An eat fest indeed, sroach! :lol: Well, we hit our last restaurant of our stay in Austin tonight. My wife's awesome aunt and uncle treated us to the Austin Land and Cattle Company.

AMAZING steaks were consumed by all! :shock: We started with an appetizer of Buffalo Lamb Chops, which are "lollipop lamb chops deep fried and tossed in franks red hot sauce with jalapeno blue cheese."

The lamb chops were insanely delicious. Next, I had a Ribeye Steak with a Maker's Mark Bourbon Sauce. Even more insanely delicious! Had some garlic mashed potatoes, julienned carrots and sautéed spinach on the side.

I'm going to have to try and recreate that sauce. It was so so good! My wife, her aunt and uncle all got the Gorgonzola Butter to go on top of their ribeyes. That was really good too. It has been a wonderful and delicious trip. :)
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Mon May 20, 2013 10:08 pm
sroach well done
well done

Let us know if you recreate that Bourbon sauce, that looks awesome...

Post Tue May 21, 2013 6:37 am
QJuju well done
well done

Dyal_SC wrote:
...You think they have enough fuel? ;)

You know that's about what I used to stock for the summer when I had a stick-burner. :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

What an awesome trip... That is the quintessential barbecue tour. Hope I get that lucky one day.

Post Tue May 21, 2013 10:04 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That was a great end to the trip, Dyal! How would you describe the flavor of the bourbon sauce?

Post Tue May 21, 2013 10:48 am
Griffin well done
well done

Glad you enjoyed it. Black's can be hit or miss on their brisket, I've had it both. Last time it was probably the best I've ever had.

Question...when you were in LaGrange, did you happen to see the big gorilla statue in somebody's yard by the side of the road? Easily 6 foot tall. Been there forever and they change its outfits for different seasons/events. Very random.

Post Tue May 21, 2013 11:14 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Thanks for sharing your adventure with us, Dyal. Those are all marvelous looking eats! :D 8) :thumbup:
Got beer???

Post Tue May 21, 2013 11:30 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Brad, the sauce had a deep, rich and creamy flavor with a nice kick from the bourbon. Can't really describe it.

Griffin, yup, I saw that. :lol: It was right down the street from the Country Club. We had the rehearsal dinner there and the groom and I played golf there Saturday morning. I was wondering what the big gorilla was all about.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Tue May 21, 2013 2:33 pm
Griffin well done
well done

What was it dressed up as? I've seen it as a football player, Santa, a pilgrim and others I forget. No idea why they do it, but we always make sure to look for it.

Post Fri May 24, 2013 11:52 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Griffin wrote:
What was it dressed up as? I've seen it as a football player, Santa, a pilgrim and others I forget. No idea why they do it, but we always make sure to look for it.

He wasn't dressed up when I saw him. Just a big porcelain looking gorilla sitting up on a hill in someone's yard.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Previous

Return to General Discussion