Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Pork Kabobs Anyone...

Pork Kabobs Anyone...

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed May 15, 2013 9:21 am
sroach well done
well done

Threaded up some Pork Kabobs for Din-Din last night, used a pork loin trimmed then cubed, rubbed them down with a rub of Cumin, Paprika, Salt, Pepper, Parsley, Onion powder and garlic mixed with Olive Oil.

Love using Steven's flat skewers, and it was so nice of him to use my initials on them... LOL ;-)

a couple minutes per side; toss on the Asparagus:

A quick plate with some two beans salad and it's off to the races:

Post Wed May 15, 2013 10:58 am
QJuju well done
well done

Those look delicious. I bought a set of those last year and never used them!! :oops: I should get on that. This may be the first thing!

Post Wed May 15, 2013 1:40 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That's a nice healthy dinner you have there with all those vegetables! How done were the ones on the skewers by the time the pork was finished?

Post Wed May 15, 2013 2:23 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Those kebabs look great, sroach!

QJuju - once you start using flat skewers like the ones in the pics, you may never put them down. I bought 6 medium-width skewers like this on clearance at the end of fall in 2008 (cost me $4), and I had to buy another 6 the next week because I needed more. All 12 are still in regular use.

I have to get some of the extra-wide flat skewers as there are a couple of Middle-Eastern and Greek kebabs that use them (adana, kofte, etc.) and they work best on these skewers.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Wed May 15, 2013 6:35 pm
sroach well done
well done

Thanks guys, this was a good meal and will be one I repeat.

@SC - since it was pork it cooked up nice and quick, so the peppers on the skewers weren't burnt.

+1 on the flat skewers I am in full agreement I really don't want to use any others, nothing spins and they are easy to maneuver on the grill.

Post Thu May 16, 2013 6:32 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Sensational cookout, Sroach! You not only know how to pitmaster, you know how to eat, brother!!! That is a really neat effect with the black marks on the pork cubes. :D
Got beer???

Post Thu May 16, 2013 9:50 am
sroach well done
well done

Thanks BC, those Cast Iron Grates for the BGE were worth every penny.

Return to General Discussion