Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion I'm with Screaming Chicken...

I'm with Screaming Chicken...

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon May 13, 2013 2:41 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Sometimes, some kind of sausage is a must have, especially when one's long experimental cook runs big time overtime. So on go these Hebrew National beef knockwurst sausages.

Now all that's needed are globs of yellow mustard, sauerkraut, and 100% whole wheat rolls. Mmmm... sports food. Image

Got beer???

Post Mon May 13, 2013 3:43 pm
Griffin well done
well done

Looks great. I always like to throw on some sausage if I'm doing a long cook. Something to nibble on while the main attraction is doing its thing. :bbq:

Post Mon May 13, 2013 6:48 pm
sroach well done
well done

BC these look awesome.. and good for you, using whole wheat rolls..

Post Mon May 13, 2013 8:13 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Many thanks, Griffin and Sroach :D

Griff-- I appreciate how valuable a plan that is. I would not have gotten to eat dinner last night till about midnight otherwise. I just got way to late a start. BTW... You can laugh at my Flakers and Clippers, but how do you like my Golden State Warriors, eh? :D

Sroach-- I imagine it's hard to tell at times with me, but I am really into nutritious and wholesome eating. Sounds like one for Ripley's "Believe it or not." :lol:
Got beer???

Post Tue May 14, 2013 9:45 am
sroach well done
well done

beercuer wrote:
Many thanks, Griffin and Sroach :D

Sroach-- I imagine it's hard to tell at times with me, but I am really into nutritious and wholesome eating. Sounds like one for Ripley's "Believe it or not." :lol:

Not at all, me and the wife try to eat as healthily as possible, especially when it comes to things like not eating gluten or trying to eat all organic. SO I am with you..

Post Tue May 14, 2013 12:01 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Excellent! The knockwurst colored very nicely and I definitely agree that having a backup plan for long cooks is the way to go.

We use wheat and whole-grain buns and rolls from time to time as well. I like that they hold up well to bigger burgers and balance bolder-flavored sausages and mustards.

Post Tue May 14, 2013 3:27 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Excellent! The knockwurst colored very nicely and I definitely agree that having a backup plan for long cooks is the way to go.

We use wheat and whole-grain buns and rolls from time to time as well. I like that they hold up well to bigger burgers and balance bolder-flavored sausages and mustards.

Well thank you, Brad!

I like your point about the balancing virtues of whole grains. :D
Got beer???

Post Tue May 14, 2013 5:08 pm
jazzspot well done
well done

Looks great! I love sauerkraut!
ImageImage

Post Wed May 15, 2013 3:08 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

jazzspot wrote:
Looks great! I love sauerkraut!

Thanks, Jazzspot. Me too. My favorite is Bubbies. I like that it is a raw sauerkraut with live active cultures. :D
Got beer???

Post Wed May 15, 2013 9:42 am
Griffin well done
well done

beercuer wrote:
BTW... You can laugh at my Flakers and Clippers, but how do you like my Golden State Warriors, eh? :D

They're making us work for us, I'll give 'em that. :evil:

Post Thu May 16, 2013 4:57 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Griffin wrote:
beercuer wrote:
BTW... You can laugh at my Flakers and Clippers, but how do you like my Golden State Warriors, eh? :D

They're making us work for us, I'll give 'em that. :evil:

The time is tense, my friend. Do or die. It's NBA, or "No Boys Allowed" as the saying goes.
Got beer???

Return to General Discussion